DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

Question: Is the CP (not CBP) the same source code as DLL Various Mod Components?

Hello,

I'd discovered the Civ IV Diplomacy mod only recently. It sounded interesting and I wanted to try it. Unfortunately, I've been using the City-State Diplomacy mod for quite some time now(and frankly, now I can't play without it :() and since two mods which both have DLLs can't be activated at once, I had no choice but to sigh in resignation.

But then I stumbled across this topic.

I'm not sure I quite understood the first post properly, plus I've got questions of my own, so I'll post them here.

1) So, if I take all the steps in the first post... will this new DLL allow me to play with both C4D and CSD activated, provided I delete the DLLs from those two beforehand? I'm not interested in Smart AI and No Civilian Traffic Jams; C4D and CSD working together are important to me at the moment.

2) As of now, through some headache-ful management CSD works on my game alongside a complete mish-mash of a ton of mods. Will using this modified DLL for C4D ruin this setup? At first glance on the Steam Workshop I'm using none of the mods that are specifically mentioned to be incompatible with C4D, but I'm a little nervous since I'm probably using too many mods, and C4D+CSD seems to be a component of Community Patch which seems to have conflicts with mods such as More Luxuries, Separate Great People Counters, etc. which I'm using.

3) The version of CSD I'm currently using is v26. Has there been a lot of changes between v23 and v26? Does this need a re-install of the mod for v23, or am I still good to go?

4) For that matter, just yesterday there seems to have been an update for C4D, which pushed the version number from 10.03 to 11.0.4:

Fixed major bug where you could not select proposals in the World Congress (weren't being read from XML correctly).

I know next to nothing about how the mod works. Is this a DLL thing, which would mean I would have to stick with downloading 10.03, or does this change exist in a different file and thus I can just use the latest version?

PS. Nobody's posted here for 8 months-ish. Hope whoward, Gazebo or somebody knowledgeable comes by and reads this...

PPS. I might add further questions if they occur to me. Don't want to be rash and go ahead with installing this without knowing what might happen; might upset the delicate balance between the mods I'm using which needed effort... :eek:

Hello,

I'd discovered the Civ IV Diplomacy mod only recently. It sounded interesting and I wanted to try it. Unfortunately, I've been using the City-State Diplomacy mod for quite some time now(and frankly, now I can't play without it :() and since two mods which both have DLLs can't be activated at once, I had no choice but to sigh in resignation.

But then I stumbled across this topic.

I'm not sure I quite understood the first post properly, plus I've got questions of my own, so I'll post them here.

1) So, if I take all the steps in the first post... will this new DLL allow me to play with both C4D and CSD activated, provided I delete the DLLs from those two beforehand? I'm not interested in Smart AI and No Civilian Traffic Jams; C4D and CSD working together are important to me at the moment.

2) As of now, through some headache-ful management CSD works on my game alongside a complete mish-mash of a ton of mods. Will using this modified DLL for C4D ruin this setup? At first glance on the Steam Workshop I'm using none of the mods that are specifically mentioned to be incompatible with C4D, but I'm a little nervous since I'm probably using too many mods, and C4D+CSD seems to be a component of Community Patch which seems to have conflicts with mods such as More Luxuries, Separate Great People Counters, etc. which I'm using.

3) The version of CSD I'm currently using is v26. Has there been a lot of changes between v23 and v26? Does this need a re-install of the mod for v23, or am I still good to go?

4) For that matter, just yesterday there seems to have been an update for C4D, which pushed the version number from 10.03 to 11.0.4:

I know next to nothing about how the mod works. Is this a DLL thing, which would mean I would have to stick with downloading 10.03, or does this change exist in a different file and thus I can just use the latest version?

PS. Nobody's posted here for 8 months-ish. Hope whoward, Gazebo or somebody knowledgeable comes by and reads this...

PPS. I might add further questions if they occur to me. Don't want to be rash and go ahead with installing this without knowing what might happen; might upset the delicate balance between the mods I'm using which needed effort... :eek:

Hi, so I can answer C4DF questions...

My update on 3/12 was an upgrade from V10 to V11.0.3. This was a massive upgrade. I know host my mods source on Github, added three new features, and implemented some changes from the CPP into my standalone.

With that change, I left out some lines of code in the DLL which caused some of C4DF's XML to be non functional, causing the WC issue, causing me to push a hot fix on 3/13, V11.0.3.

If this mod package wants to implement my new DLL, they'll have to basically pull all my new changes into the DLL, which is a massive undertaking. I managed to do it in eight hours on Sunday (merging my CP changes into C4DF standalone). So it is not an easy process. But much more rewarding, as I've cleanly separated my code with define blocks now, and source controlled it.

The only up to date versions of C4DF that exist are C4DF standalone, C4DF - CP, and, to a more untested amount, C4DF - CBP EUI and C4DF - CBP non EUI.

CP = Community Patch
CBP = Community Balance Patch
C4DF = Civilization IV diplomatic features

Thanks for the prompt reply. Very much appreciated.

From what I understand from that, it's a DLL change, so then I'll probably have to use 10.03 if I want to use the DLL in this topic. Uh, how severe was that World Congress resolution issue? Did it basically stop the game from progressing if you were eligible to propose resolutions since you were somehow unable to? I'd like some details on how the issue exactly manifested, so I don't get a rude surprise like CTDs or the game becoming impossible to progress or such.

Also, since you are here... might I ask stuff about the Community Patch in regards to trying to have both C4D and CSD active? Is CP 'modular' in that it's possible to select which aspects of the mod I want to use? I've only just skimmed over it, and it seems to be a great mish-mash of various different mods, of which several I am already using in different forms or via similar but different mods, would conflict with other mods I'm using, or am simply uninterested in. If CP is indeed 'modular', would it be simply more expedient to install it then deactivate every component save those pertaining to C4D and CSD? Or does CP not work that way?

Thanks for the prompt reply. Very much appreciated.

From what I understand from that, it's a DLL change, so then I'll probably have to use 10.03 if I want to use the DLL in this topic. Uh, how severe was that World Congress resolution issue? Did it basically stop the game from progressing if you were eligible to propose resolutions since you were somehow unable to? I'd like some details on how the issue exactly manifested, so I don't get a rude surprise like CTDs or the game becoming impossible to progress or such.

Also, since you are here... might I ask stuff about the Community Patch in regards to trying to have both C4D and CSD active? Is CP 'modular' in that it's possible to select which aspects of the mod I want to use? I've only just skimmed over it, and it seems to be a great mish-mash of various different mods, of which several I am already using in different forms or via similar but different mods, would conflict with other mods I'm using, or am simply uninterested in. If CP is indeed 'modular', would it be simply more expedient to install it then deactivate every component save those pertaining to C4D and CSD? Or does CP not work that way?

1) WC bug in 11.0.3 was game breaking. Could not progress because all proposals were disabled. DLL change fix to fix it, but didn't break saves since didn't touch serialization in any way.

2) CPP is extremely modular and heavily supported. I recommend asking your question there for morw support, since I only joined a month ago.

11.0.0 won't work for this mod since the DLL is widely changed and <V11 saves are not compatible with V11+

1) WC bug in 11.0.3 was game breaking. Could not progress because all proposals were disabled. DLL change fix to fix it, but didn't break saves since didn't touch serialization in any way.

2) CPP is extremely modular and heavily supported. I recommend asking your question there for morw support, since I only joined a month ago.

Hmm, I see.

Ask at the CP forum? Hmm... probably. Looking there, I can see a thread you posted that's titled 'Civilization 4 Diplomatic Features - Beta 3/1 Feedback and Discussion Thread'. Would it be appropriate to discuss this issue there? Asking because I'm seeing no references to CSD there whatsoever, so I'm wondering whether it would be okay to do so, especially considering I'm not interested in the actual CPP itself, except for as a means to run C4D and CSD together.

Hmm, I see.

Ask at the CP forum? Hmm... probably. Looking there, I can see a thread you posted that's titled 'Civilization 4 Diplomatic Features - Beta 3/1 Feedback and Discussion Thread'. Would it be appropriate to discuss this issue there? Asking because I'm seeing no references to CSD there whatsoever, so I'm wondering whether it would be okay to do so, especially considering I'm not interested in the actual CPP itself, except for as a means to run C4D and CSD together.

I would just make a new thread, tbh. You seem to be asking if the creator of CSD can create a mod similar to my 1a C4DF - CP. Some others may share your desire to not be bound by the CBP, (CP is vanilla civ5 with bugfixes and better ai, CBP is heavily modified).

@Putmalk: Techie question - strip all the V10 code and then merge in the V11 code, or attempt to merge the V11 code over the top of the V10 code?

Strip all v10. You will rip your hair out otherwise.
Also search for MOD_DIPLOMACY_CIV4_FEATURES.

Also will finish my Lua API on C4DF's github page! I will probably think about making a vassalage scenario to showcase its features.

OP updated for C4DF v11.04 and reference to DLL-VMC v76

Wow, update for new version of the mod! Thank you very much!

So, um...

whoward, if it isn't too much of a hassle, may I ask whether you could update the DLL regarding CSD as well? Looking over CSD's changelogs in Steam, it seems that between v23 and the most recent version(v27) there have been a lot of changes to the mod, notably bugfixes, errorfixes and crashfixes, added features in the World Congress, AI tweaks, balancing, matching the most recent Civ patch and such, much of which seems to be pertaining to the mod's DLL. Having played with v26 for a long time, I'm sure that if I play with v23 it might feel somewhat hollow; that I had to get rid of a fair bit of CSD and use a slightly more unstable version of it in order to incorporate C4DF into the game. I would appreciate it very much if you could update the combined DLL so that it incorporates the most recent version of not just C4DF but also CSD as of this post.

Of course, the amount of changes mentioned in the changelog seems to be quite a lot, and I presume that incorporating all of them into the combined DLL might be an enormous task. If this task seems too difficult, daunting or time-consuming for you to do, just tell me so by replying in this thread please. It's your awesome work and I will respect/understand your decision regarding my request.

PS. On another note, I looked over the Community Patch and its installation guidelines, and found this bit:

Optional, but require Community Balance Patch and must be used together:
CSD
C4DF
More Luxuries
Community Balance Patch:
This mod completely overhauls the game by rebalancing policies, leaders, buildings, wonders, and more! Includes new systems, such as Monopolies and Corporations, and entirely new game concepts!

Putmalk seemed to advise me to consider CP because it's modular, but reading that bit where CBP is required to use CSD and C4DF features kind of... discourages me. I'm not sure whether I want a complete overhaul of the whole game. Actually, I don't think I do; there are quite a few other non-DLL mods I have active at the moment to customize the game(and I seem to remember that a few are explicitly mentioned to be incompatible with CBP). I'm pretty happy with the setup so far(except this recent urge of wanting to throw C4DF into the mix), and I don't think I'd want to change it all just for the sake of C4DF.

Well, that means I'm back in this thread, depending on the combined mod in the OP. Hope my wish gets granted...

Wow, update for new version of the mod! Thank you very much!

So, um...

whoward, if it isn't too much of a hassle, may I ask whether you could update the DLL regarding CSD as well? Looking over CSD's changelogs in Steam, it seems that between v23 and the most recent version(v27) there have been a lot of changes to the mod, notably bugfixes, errorfixes and crashfixes, added features in the World Congress, AI tweaks, balancing, matching the most recent Civ patch and such, much of which seems to be pertaining to the mod's DLL. Having played with v26 for a long time, I'm sure that if I play with v23 it might feel somewhat hollow; that I had to get rid of a fair bit of CSD and use a slightly more unstable version of it in order to incorporate C4DF into the game. I would appreciate it very much if you could update the combined DLL so that it incorporates the most recent version of not just C4DF but also CSD as of this post.

Of course, the amount of changes mentioned in the changelog seems to be quite a lot, and I presume that incorporating all of them into the combined DLL might be an enormous task. If this task seems too difficult, daunting or time-consuming for you to do, just tell me so by replying in this thread please. It's your awesome work and I will respect/understand your decision regarding my request.

PS. On another note, I looked over the Community Patch and its installation guidelines, and found this bit:

Putmalk seemed to advise me to consider CP because it's modular, but reading that bit where CBP is required to use CSD and C4DF features kind of... discourages me. I'm not sure whether I want a complete overhaul of the whole game. Actually, I don't think I do; there are quite a few other non-DLL mods I have active at the moment to customize the game(and I seem to remember that a few are explicitly mentioned to be incompatible with CBP). I'm pretty happy with the setup so far(except this recent urge of wanting to throw C4DF into the mix), and I don't think I'd want to change it all just for the sake of C4DF.

Well, that means I'm back in this thread, depending on the combined mod in the OP. Hope my wish gets granted...

Outdated information, because I have included C4DF as only requiring CP. It should be included in the CP installer.

Outdated information, because I have included C4DF as only requiring CP. It should be included in the CP installer.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

...Is the same true with CSD though? Only requiring CP, that is. Not able to check myself right now so I hope you could tell me.

When i enter Medieval Era it says i can acess Vassalage,i make someone my Vassal but when i open the Vassal overview it displays nothing. It just says you need to be in the Medieval era or become someones Vassal. I am using the CSD version 27 but with Whowards Various DLL mod comoponents and did all that was instructed.

When i enter Medieval Era it says i can acess Vassalage,i make someone my Vassal but when i open the Vassal overview it displays nothing. It just says you need to be in the Medieval era or become someones Vassal. I am using the CSD version 27 but with Whowards Various DLL mod comoponents and did all that was instructed.

Unless you can reproduce this using just the stand-alone C4DF mod, this should really be posted on the combined thread. Moderator Action: Done

I'm currently investigating another issue with the combined DLL, so I'll add this issue to the list

@Drakul - Can you confirm that the C4DF option in the DLL is actually on. Look in the CustomMods.log file for a line that looks like

Code:
CustomMods.cpp[272] - Cache: DIPLOMACY_CIV4_FEATURES = 1

it should be 1 (for enabled) and not 0

... whether you could update the DLL regarding CSD as well? Looking over CSD's changelogs in Steam, it seems that between v23 and the most recent version(v27) there have been a lot of changes to the mod...

Not going to happen :(

Unfortunately there is no stand-alone version of CSD v27 ...

... which means I'll have to extract the C++ code out of the CP DLL ...

... which I've just tried ...

... and unfortunately it can't be done (or at least not without significant effort and rewriting of the CSD code)

Spoiler :

Having extracted just the CSD code and merged it into the base-line source code, it fails to compile with i) invalid method signatures, ii) different return types, iii) missing methods, iv) missing code blocks, v) invalid code blocks, vi) other issues

The CSD code is too intimately entwined with
a) far reaching changes to the path-finder code - which either has to be undone or completely included (and that affects many other classes, methods and features) and
b) all of the "always on" "core balance" modifications - which would have to be analysed to ascertain which ones are required for CSD and then all of the (unmarked as CSD, but marked as core balance) changes would have to be identified and brought over as well,
for this to be a practical proposition.

Top Bottom