DLNESI - Godwin's Law: Preview

This is the British Pilot, who's name I've forgotten and will have to search through thread to find, comfirming

Actually the perfect time to start it.
Depends. das has had exams around that time before; immobilizing Hitler would sort of be bad for Germany. Not everybody has AP after all (especially not if you're attending university in Russia :p).

Der Führer would manage. Besides, university exams will take place in June, so even if that does temporarily incapacipate me (probably not; I should find time for some basic instructions at least) I still would be able to set everything up beforehand. And then we could pretend I went mad or was badly injured in an assassination attempt, and my cronies could run things (into the ground) while I recover.

Il Mode says: Thanks to Symphony's suggestion of Nearest Neighbor enlargement and flyingchicken's "increments of 100" suggestion, here's an enlarged map.

Spoiler :
Excuse me, what time does this map represent? Finland didn't lose its eastern parts before spring 1940, when Poland was already occupied.
Also there is a weird city in the northeast, a place where a community of 50 people live these days.

As I thought. Here's the corrected Finland:

Grey parts are the uncorrect ones.

I said it wasn't done yet. I didn't do any of North Africa. ;)

So, you pick who you will be and whom to be under (must be hsitorically acutate), correct?

WWII...You have basically made me joygasm!

Could I be Großadmiral Karl Dönitz, if I can still join.

Il Mode, procrastinating, says: You can join, of course, at any point. As for your rank, you will have to bring that up with Der Fuhrer.

Der Führer is concerned that the specific position has been claimed by another NESer, though he isn't here at this moment. Still, unless he reappears at the last moment, I suppose Der Führer supposes that you could be Großadmiral Karl Dönitz, Herr Dönitz.

Il Mode, procrastinating, says: You can join, of course, at any point. As for your rank, you will have to bring that up with Der Fuhrer.

Oh, if that is the case, I will make myself Wolfgang Meindl. (sorry for the confusion)

Meindl fought in WWI while serving in Der Kaiserliche Marine as a Junior Officer on the SMS Dresden. After the Dresden's escape from the Battle of the Falkland Straits, he was appointed captain of U-52. In 1917, he was promoted to Kapitän zur See and was given a position assisting the command of Germany's Unterseeboot Fleet. After the war ended, Meindl continued to serve in the navy, except with the Versailles Treaty restricting the German Navy prevented him from getting a role board-ship. He instead was a tactician and studied deeply in all sorts of naval warfare, even that involving aircraft. In 1928, he became a Konteradmiral, which is his ranking today under the Kriegsmarine. He is a very capable commander, very well versed in tactics/strategies, and has seen battles first hand.

(Yes the story and name are made up, but I love that surname and I want to be creative! Rawr!)

If I cannot have this character, I would like to be Heinz Wilhelm Guderian or Karl Dönitz (preferably the former).

Would Der Führer allow this humble and abject NESer to be Wilhelm Canaris head of the Abwehr; German Military Intelligence?

Might also have to enquire if the Prime Minister of Britian approves? *evil laugh*

Der Führer remembers no Wilhelm Canaris (in fact, that's what he wanted to be at first), so by all means be. Meindl is approved as well, but the Reich might require Karl Dönitz if the original one doesn't come back.

Der Führer remembers no Wilhelm Canaris (in fact, that's what he wanted to be at first), so by all means be. Meindl is approved as well, but the Reich might require Karl Dönitz if the original one doesn't come back.

I was going for the same path for Meindl as Dönitz had. I just wanted to make up a name.

Der Führer suggests that plastic surgery be used to disguise herr Meindl as Karl Dönitz, so that the Judeo-Bolshevik plutocrats would never know that he had disappeared in the first place. He could then use his real name in secret! :p That ought to fool them...

Top Bottom