Do games go in cycles?

I've been playing standard speed pangea. I had about four games where I was forward-settled. The last few I have had limited military opposition and CSs that block access to other civs (usually 2 or 3 grouped together so there was no easy way through and no way to use aircraft unless I took the CS.

Do these things run in cycles, or just luck of the draw?

Determined by the RNG, but note that:

1. All major civs are placed first

2. City state are more likely to be placed on an edge between two distinct geographic zones than major civs.

3. City states can start much closer to natural wonders than major civs.

I've been playing standard speed pangea. I had about four games where I was forward-settled. The last few I have had limited military opposition and CSs that block access to other civs (usually 2 or 3 grouped together so there was no easy way through and no way to use aircraft unless I took the CS.

Do these things run in cycles, or just luck of the draw?

Four games forward settled then one of relative peace?

LAW OF FIVES!

(Or to put it another way, you can see patterns in random occurrences, and the intent when perceiving will shape the results you find).

Not just one, but about another 4 or 5 games. I figure it is probobly just random, but I have been going domination lately, and having all those CSs in the way is a real pain. My current game had one strong one city empire next door (wonder hog), 4 CSs blocking the southern half, and 2 more blocking the neck to the western side. Mostly single file paths through mountains to get past.

Aargh.

Top Bottom