Do you have any enemies?

Do you have any enemies?

• Total voters

bombshoo

Never mind...
Most of us have friends, but does anyone know someone that they would call a personal enemy? If you don't, is it because you think having enemies is simply stupid or wrong? If you do have an enemy is it by choice? Is an enemy simply someone you strongly dislike or for someone to be an enemy, must you actively seek to harm them? Does anyone have any good enemy stories?

For me, there is a friend-of-a-friend who might come close to qualifying. While the title "enemy" seems a little made up and dramatic, for some reason this person tends to go out of their way to try and make my life miserable whenever they are around me. I tried to put myself on better terms with this person several times, but they were absolutely unwilling to accept my peace offerings so I have just learned to ignore them whenever possible. Nonetheless, since I do strongly dislike this person, and am utterly incompatible with them in any scenario, I suppose they are something of an enemy. At least if that is what one would consider an enemy.

Gravity is my enemy. Yep.

Kinda. I use the term "Friend" relatively rarely to describe two specific people that I happen to be far closer to than anyone else I know. There are people I like hanging out with in my church and such, but don't technically call them "Friends."

I don't really use the term "Enemy" but there are definitely people I dislike and want to avoid. There isn't anyone I absolutely want dead though, so not really "Enemy." The appropriate term for some of these people is "Jerk."

If by "enemy" you mean "person who has sworn to expedite extreme harm upon myself, and who would hurt me gravely if I ran into them", then yes.

Now that's a matter of perspective.
On the one hand I don't think there's anyone who sees him/herself as my enemy, on the other hand one of my nastier character traits is the tendency to hold grudges, so there are several people and organizations I would regard as enemies.

If by "enemy" you mean "person who has sworn to expedite extreme harm upon myself, and who would hurt me gravely if I ran into them", then yes.
There are people who have sworn to harm you? I've never really heard of such a thing.

Indeed, his definition is even harsher than mine.

I do know I once had two enemies, and two people at my school are kinda close to that area.

There are people who have sworn to harm you? I've never really heard of such a thing.

Yeah, one guy's threatened to hurt me bad, but I have the upper hand, in a way.

Others are rather more lacadaisical about threatening me.

I don't know about enemies, but it does seem like everyone is waiting for the moment I do something wrong or they don't like so they can get rid of me.

I have enough enemies in real life, so whatever people throw at me here hardly moves me.

I am quite curious as to how you people with multiple enemies manage to acquire them all. :confused:

I don't dwell on anyone as my personal enemy, but there are some people that I would not mind seeing come to harm or piss on their grave. It would take too much effort to take specific action against any of them, which, to me, would not be worthwhile, but if it happened by happenstance, I might do it. Most of these enemies I have gathered in my professional life, whose legacy is remote now.

I did have this guy when I was at high school who was a genuine threat to try and belt me at pretty much any party we both happened to be at . He went to a different school so it only presented a problem outside . I had no idea what his problem was but it caused me a lot of anxiety for years.

He died of a heroin overdose in Thailand a few years ago , so now it's [party] time

Only Whomp in fantasy sports

Top Bottom