Do you want to play Gods & Kings now?

51 days left it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long. I wish they would release it now and have a mod to fix all the bugs later. and what I HATE it comes out on tuesday where I am and that's a time of heavy study and lot's of goverment exam's. Damn You firaxis damn you. please excuse my language.

Ya, I think I'd rather have a better game at the release date or even later if it was necessary.

I've noticed that Paradox will give some of the more popular YouTubers an early release while they're still working on it. I think it's a great idea and good for business. I saw early videos of Crusader Kings and A House Divided that added to my motivation to buy both. MadDJinn was getting thousands of views on his channel last time I looked... just sayin'.

People say it's not done yet, but I think it is.

How?

Because I swear I heard Ed say they are in the "polishing" stage.

I so want to email dennis shirk and ask how there progress is going.

MadDjinn was getting thousands of views on his channel last time I looked... just sayin'.

damn, you're right :crazyeye: and I haven't posted anything in months! :eek:

People say it's not done yet, but I think it is.

How?

Because I swear I heard Ed say they are in the "polishing" stage.

'polishing' could take months. It also depends on what they meant by 'polishing'.

It could be 'all features exist, basically work, but might have minor issues'. It could also be 'localization work (text in other languages)/balance changes/deep code optimization'. The last two parts there could take a year to get 'right' :cry:

damn, you're right :crazyeye: and I haven't posted anything in months! :eek:

'polishing' could take months. It also depends on what they meant by 'polishing'.

It could be 'all features exist, basically work, but might have minor issues'. It could also be 'localization work (text in other languages)/balance changes/deep code optimization'. The last two parts there could take a year to get 'right' :cry:

:rolleyes: They're releasing it in like 7 weeks....

Besides, it's not like they only began the expansion pack production in February, I'm sure it's been in works well near when Civ 5 actually came out, maybe few months later.

"Polish" includes tweaking nearly everything in the game, from costs to strengths to the effects of Social Policies. They were still "polishing" this stuff six months after the release of Civ V. Frankly I don't think they ever gave it quite enough polish... Civ V is much improved from release, but still pretty rough around the edges.

Let's hope for more this time around.

"Polish" includes tweaking nearly everything in the game, from costs to strengths to the effects of Social Policies. They were still "polishing" this stuff six months after the release of Civ V. Frankly I don't think they ever gave it quite enough polish... Civ V is much improved from release, but still pretty rough around the edges.

Luckily these things are easy moddable or patchable, so I don't see them as major errors.

And Firaxis/2k Games have found a neat way to make the game idiot-proof: have a bunch of idiots test the game for 3 days, then release it to normal gamers. :evil:

With the exception of the post above, I don't believe anyone who says 'no'. :p I want to fire it up now too. :(

Shame their 'late spring' is actually 'three weeks into winter'.

I definitely want to try it out, but I doubt I will like it much. Netherlands with tulips? Swedes with Nobel prize? Faith powers? My beloved civilization building game turns into a cheap kitsch of cultural stereotypes mixed with fantasy genre.

Luckily these things are easy moddable or patchable, so I don't see them as major errors.
They should release only SDK / modding tools next time. A wonderful community of this site would make a way better game out of it. No sarcasm intended.

The idea of religions developing institutions over time is fantasy? Most of the abilities seem related to institutions that developed (Monasteries, Cathedrals, Holy War) or represent the religious importance certain things in nature took on as part of religion (animals, forests, mountains). Certainly, it's nothing more fantastical than the idea that building a burial tomb for a King in the shape of a giant Pyramid suddenly makes everyone a democracy or communist or causes granaries to appear in every city.

This. Don't forget CiV was almost unplayable on release.

As much as i want to get on with G&K, I would rather wait until its is ready then rush it out unpolished...

49 days left.

I don't feel well when I want something like a ton of stones in the pit of my stomach. and it's because i want to play this :aargh: the pain. and prototype 2.:( 46 days left sigh.

It comes out a couple of days before i leave on my honeymoon! How can enjoy my honeymoon when all i'll be thinking about is playing civ. :undecide:

It comes out a couple of days before i leave on my honeymoon! How can enjoy my honeymoon when all i'll be thinking about is playing civ. :undecide:

First of all, congrats on your marriage, second of all.. it's time to decide what you love more... Civilization.. or your spouse! :evil:

Top Bottom