Does anyone else miss adding on to your Palace?

Zen.

Chieftain
I know it really served no purpose, but I kind of miss the people loving me so much that they offer to add on to my palace and make it all awesome. I am a little sad that it has disappeared from the last few Civilization games. :sad:

Ah yes... throne room. I think Civ 1-2 had the palance, and civ 3 had the throne room right?

memory fuzzy...can't... remember...

Civ had the palace and Civ II had the throne room.

Civ III had advanced algorithms of suck.

I used to love both.

I think its these kind of litle things that helps to immerse you in the game. But maybe its just nostalgy.

Ah yes. Most of my civ 2 experience was in Civ2: Test of Time. Slightly better graphics/unit models than civ2, so that would be why my hazy memory remembered some semblance of a rendered room.

I suppose that the palace/throne room concept is something that has been lost from the franchise forever. :sad:

Not at all. It was one of the things that was fun the first few times I played then quickly got bored of and irritated by it.

Really? It always made me feel like a great ruler. lol
Perhaps it was because I was young.

While I do think it was a fun side thing, I would much prefer them working on gameplay features that actually matter, so I guess I'm not really that sad.

That was Civ IV... yes, I liked that too... fixed capitals are rather a step backwards.

OT but agreed. However, as some stuff is capital-oriented (maritimes, social policies) I understand why they did it. There should still be an option to do it though, maybe at an atrocious money or hammer cost.

I know it really served no purpose, but I kind of miss the people loving me so much that they offer to add on to my palace and make it all awesome. I am a little sad that it has disappeared from the last few Civilization games. :sad:

I miss that, I miss the AI leaders changing their outfits with each Era (omg so much work for the art programmers lets make a crappy dlc instead), I miss wonder movies, victory movies and a replay.

I miss that, I miss the AI leaders changing their outfits with each Era (omg so much work for the art programmers lets make a crappy dlc instead), I miss wonder movies, victory movies and a replay.

The movies are cool, though I quite like the paintings and narration now. Some kind of victory movie should be in too.

Did people really enjoy the replay? Not arguing with you, it's just that I always viewed that as filler even more than the palace/throne room. I hardly if ever used it myself.

Top Bottom