Does anyone know when the game will drop on the 24th? (Edit: Preload is now up)

How does that compare to said game's preload availability on Steam? It's possible they'll want to give Steam the preload "exclusive" for a day or, God forbid, two.

Well once you get the codes you can redeem them on steam which allows you to preload as was the case with Borderlands The Pre-sequel and I'm just taking a guess that since both games are associated with 2k publishing them we might get our codes for preload about 3 days before launch as well.

Well once you get the codes you can redeem them on steam which allows you to preload as was the case with Borderlands The Pre-sequel and I'm just taking a guess that since both games are associated with 2k publishing them we might get our codes for preload about 3 days before launch as well.
I meant the difference in time between Steam unlocking preload and GMG sending the keys so their customers can make use of such preload, in Borderlands' case.

I meant the difference in time between Steam unlocking preload and GMG sending the keys so their customers can make use of such preload, in Borderlands' case.

There really isn't as I assume GMG buys steam codes in bulk which allows them to have their sales while still maintaining a profit. So as soon as we receive the codes from GMG we can load just as much as those who purchased through steam the only question is when GMG will release said codes.

There really isn't as I assume GMG buys steam codes in bulk which allows them to have their sales while still maintaining a profit. So as soon as we receive the codes from GMG we can load just as much as those who purchased through steam the only question is when GMG will release said codes.

Okay, I meant... Nevermind.

Can someone please tell me what the filesize is for the download? I don't have the best internet connection and would like to know how long I need to plan for...

2GB takes me about 2 hours on a good day, for example.

A little bit less than 6 gb it was for me.

Alright so a pre-load means that we can download the game now but it will not be functional until the official release date?

The @CivGame twitter account just posted the following image:
Spoiler :
So the Far East gets the game a good 11 hours earlier. Lucky bastards. :twitch:

I can't believe I am getting the game earlier than I thought. :goodjob:
There goes my Friday night sleep:crazyeye:....

I'm not sure just how viable (or risky) that is...

It's perfectly viable if you think about it. Who's to say I didn't go on vacation to e.g Singapore on the 23rd?

I did it a long time ago with vanilla CiV as well and didn't have any issues. That was a bit different back then as we had to wait days longer in the EU and I just wasn't having that. In this case it's only a few hours so might not be worth it, but I'll be putting some vids up on YouTube so I really want to get in as fast as I can.

Top Bottom