Does Bat 2.1 make unstable saves?

AccipiterQ

Chieftain
For some reason my save files that I try loading cause the game to crash. It's not every save file, but around 1200 or so on an epic speed game, using the 2nd largest map size (using the over-ride), when I go to load games I saved, it crashes. It does this on any computer that I have bat 2.1 on.

There is a graphics error in BAT 2.1 which causes crashes in the mid game, and on save reloads. Please see the link for the BAT patch 2.1.1a in my sig. Download and install that, and you can continue your unloadable games with no more crashing.

Hello, I am having the same trouble with my saves. I have installed the patch but now when I open the game I was playing, the program does not crash but I am told "The save file you have selected has been protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed."

Is there a quick way to get past this?

Ouch. Unfortunately, checking the Lock Modified Assets when starting a custom game does exactly this, and there's no undoing it. To continue that save you must rename your current BAT folder to something else and install the old BAT 2.1 version. If that game was crashing when you loaded it under 2.1, I'm sad to say it's toast.

Unless you're playing in a competitive game using BUFFY, there's really no reason to check that custom game option.

LOL! Do you know that was the first time I have ever used that feature? I wanted to remove the temptation to cheat using world-builder! Dang. That was a good game too.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Top Bottom