Tile Error

Qwan

Warlord
[1.0.12.9]

In the attached save file, turn 151, I cannot build a Holy Site on the tacked tile north of Maungakiekie, adjacent to a Campus and to a Harbor, between two mountains. I cannot even chop the rainforest (which I wanted to do first, with the builder nearby; and even if I move Magnus out). Either way, the game crashes.

However, the game *does* allow me to build the Holy Site there in an earlier save, if it's my first district (turn 91).
It also *does* allow me to build the Holy Site there, as soon as I reach pop 4 (turn 113). And when I finish the campus (turn 114), so the game is okay with the Holy Site being the second district.

BUT when the population first reaches pop 7 (turn 128), it crashes (as the third district).

Someone, please check if it crashes for you with the current version of Civ. Alas, I cannot run that version, because [1.0.12.9] is the last version that will run on Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), and my Mac (2010) cannot run a later operating system. Actually, two people check please -- one with the current PC version of Civ, and one with a current Mac version of Civ.

Thanks!

P.S. While I want a Holy Site there, an Entertainment Complex will also cause it to crash, so I expect any district will. Also, I can build a Holy Site in a different tile of that city, so it's not just being a third district, it's that particular tile.

Attachments

• HS Tile GENGHIS KHAN 151.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • HS TileOK GENGHIS KHAN 91.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • HS TileOK GENGHIS KHAN 114.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • HS Tile GENGHIS KHAN 128.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Thanks @robal1991 !

This bug has me baffled. It is NOT due to an unrevealed strategic resource or unrevealed antiquity, as I played far enough to reveal everything. Then I went back to turn 114, played differently, and the tile was always OK (at least as far as turn 200).

So I tried to narrow it down. Attached are two save files, one where I started from autosave turn 118, one where I started from autosave turn 117. In the latter case, I believe I did everything I did originally on turn 117. I brought both of these forwards to the end of turn 118. They look identical to me. Yet the "original" will crash next turn when I chop the rainforest north of MangaPa, and the one I restarted from turn 117 will not.

Attachments

• GENGHIS 118 from 118auto.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • GENGHIS 118 from 117auto.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
[1.0.12.9]

In the attached save, "Shaka 119 75 AD cannot settle", there are two problems:
a) the settler on the single tile island with niter cannot settle (this is annoying, but not fatal)
b) whether you move the settler or not, the game will crash after ending your turn.

I *think* the latter is the same tile problem as my previous post, because of the following investigation:
a) first I tried going back to Autosave_119, 118, and 115, and doing nothing every turn (by typing shift-return); it will still crash after ending your turn 119. I tried not finishing Divine Right, it didn't matter. When starting with Autosave_115, I got different World Congress proposals, it didn't matter. And of course I lost units by not moving them away when wounded, it didn't matter.

HOWEVER, if I copy "Shaka 119 75 AD cannot settle" into Multiplayer, and load the game in Hot Seat, and make Player #2 (Brazil) also Human, it does NOT crash (if I do nothing) and I can get to Shaka's next turn. If instead I make Player #3 Human, it does crash. So something that Brazil is doing causes it to crash.

I looked at what Brazil might do, and there's this builder west-adjacent to Salvador Da Bahia, which looks like it's ready to chop the rainforest to speed the settler. Sure enough, upon trying to chop that rainforest, the game crashes. And even if I don't chop it, but try to put a district there (which would clear the rainforest), the game crashes.

Sigh.

Same caveat as before: it would be nice if someone confirmed this happens on the current version (which I cannot run) and on a PC (to make sure it's not a Mac-only bug).

Attachments

• SHAKA 119 75 AD cannot settle.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • AutoSave_0115.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Ok, ignore my first complaint (a) that I cannot settle on the island. I forgot I was running the Dark Age policy Isolationism.

Top Bottom