Does CombatBonusVsHigherTech in Traits work?

krolac

Chieftain
I have been fiddling around with some modifications for the Civs and came up with this for Shaka:

Code:
<Traits>
	<Update>
		<Where Type="TRAIT_BUFFALO_HORNS" />
		<Set CombatBonusVsHigherTech="20" UnresearchedTechBonusFromKills="20" />
	</Update>
</Traits>

That is all. The UnresearchedTechBonusFromKills works fine, but I cant get any kind of visible indication that CombatBonusVsHigherTech is doing anything, no matter how many Techs I'm behind my opponent (checked with InfoAddict). When attacking an opponent, I can only see the "normal effects" from terrain, promotions, fortifications etc.

Am I missing something here, or is this not working as I think it would? I'm assuming that this would give me a 20% bonus vs Civs with more Technologies than me? Did this stop working with BnW since Ethiopa was changed?

It was never used with Ethiopia in G&K. The G&K code only shows CombatBonusVsLargerCiv for trait TRAIT_BONUS_AGAINST_TECH.

Don't know if it was used in one of the scenarios.

It's all hooked up in code (C++ and Lua) the same as CombatBonusVsLargerCiv, BUT, unlike CombatBonusVsLargerCiv, CombatBonusVsHigherTech only applies when defending friendly territory, ie when defending the civ's unit must be in owned territory, or when attacking, the enemy unit must be in the civ's territory

Allright, so it can be used as a defensive ability against a more advanced aggressor. Kinda fits Ethiopia, I must say. I'll think of something else for the Zulus then.

Thanks for your answer and all your amazing guides and helpful tutorials, you have really helped me understand a lot about Civ 5 modding already!

Top Bottom