Does recalling a Civ to life...

Yes, they will vote for you.

The trick is to keep them alive long enough to do so, as recalled civs are usually eras behind and very weak. I often gift a couple modern units for their defense if I need them to survive.

... or, the trick is to bring them back just in time for the crucial vote.

;)

In G+K it did, but I'm pretty sure in BNW it doesn't necessarily. I've liberated civs and they still voted for themselves.

Sometimes civs who are really, really good friends with you will vote for you in the world leader proposal though, which I find weird. I would never vote for anyone other than myself in that proposal because it ends the game, so I don't want to get a benefit the AI doesn't get.

eh, if its the same as city states, I wouldn't bank on it. You liberate them, for 1-3 turns you're their messiah, but then after that, you get reduced to that dude who hangs out here for a bit :p

Yes, they will vote for you.

The trick is to keep them alive long enough to do so, as recalled civs are usually eras behind and very weak. I often gift a couple modern units for their defense if I need them to survive.

The same thing happens to CSs where you liberate them from an opponent and the liberated CS automatically becomes an ally.

In G+K it did, but I'm pretty sure in BNW it doesn't necessarily. I've liberated civs and they still voted for themselves.

Sometimes civs who are really, really good friends with you will vote for you in the world leader proposal though, which I find weird. I would never vote for anyone other than myself in that proposal because it ends the game, so I don't want to get a benefit the AI doesn't get.

Did you liberate them from being eliminated or just a city of theirs? I'm sure the code says they're supposed to vote for whoever liberated them from elimination last.

One time I voted for Ashurbanipal to lead the World Congress because I didn't have the votes to take it myself and didn't want Alex to have it. Apparently Ashurbanipal was such a great chum that he felt the need to gift his votes to me.

Alex kept the World Congress, in case you were wondering. :sad:

One time I voted for Ashurbanipal to lead the World Congress because I didn't have the votes to take it myself and didn't want Alex to have it. Apparently Ashurbanipal was such a great chum that he felt the need to gift his votes to me.

Alex kept the World Congress, in case you were wondering. :sad:

:lol:

I've done it in a MP game where there was no clear winner. Me and another player voted for AI Greece to be the World Leader, who then won the game. (The player on the same continent as Greece let them run away and by the time the other players arrived, it was too late.)

As for the original topic, they will vote for you, but like others have mentioned you pretty much have to babysit them the whole time. Typically, I will save my liberating until the last minute so I don't have to keep them alive as much, and to keep them from forgetting I saved their worthless hides.

Top Bottom