[GS] Does the game feel complete to you now?

Does Civ VI feel complete now?

• Yes, time to start thinking about Civ VII.

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • No, we need another expansion pack!

Votes: 113 90.4%

• Total voters
I feel like it's quite complete, but I wouldn't mind having a third expansion, there is always room to progress. I believe it would be too early to start thinking about Civ7, with Civ6 having so much potential.

It may sound strange but Gathering Storm made me shelf the game for the time being.
It is possible that I was just burnt out and GS was not the motivation.
I suppose if we had more groups on the web like GOTM Deity games that we all shared I would be more interested.
Civ V had a good run with the bi weekly Deity Challenges.
Hardly any interest in that sort of thing with Civ VI.

I wouldn't say the game *needs* more features but there are definitely ones that could still be implemented

Still room for more civs either way

Cannot vote, because I don't want either of the options. I don't want Civ VII, it's too soon for it. And CivVI is in my opinion more than complete (considering features), it's crammed with features a little bit over the top. All those small features that don't impact the game too significantly, but you should keep them in mind if you want to play at least somehow optimal - I don't remember Civ4 too well anymore (it's been a long time), but I would say that Civ6 now is even more complicated than Civ4 with all its updates.

More than another expansion pack, I would welcome some bug fixes, polish, balances. For example the world congress is a big disappointment for me - the options you have are random and useless most of the time. So it's just another not really important feature that takes your time (you are forced to vote even if you don't care at all).

feature wise the game is in a good spot although i would say not no to an economic victory.
i had hoped that ideologies would make a come back , apparently they have been replaced with loyalty which still needs work but not a total overhaul. it needs to tie in to the wide vs tall decision.
the world congress is not in a good state. i understand that they wanted to always have an effect from the congress but right know it is too compliacated and takes too long to understand what everyone did and how the decision came to be. a good UI would not need explanation and needs to be simple enough to be understood with a glance. i barely get the results with a glance let alone how it came to be.
the health mechanic ( plague could be a part of it ) has the potantial to at least make tall vs wide a choice
more civs/leaders , more city state types and more luxuries are always welcome.
i cannot for the love understand why the sea is so useless at the moment. there needs to be a lot more improvements and maybe some resources tied to it.
late game is still a lot less interesting than early game. all the additions seem to be to ensure that the player can finish the game faster but nothing to make it interesting/challenging.
please improve UI for everything , although i guess the modders make an excellent job of it. (can someone please make a mod where i can exclude certain civs and natural wonders :D )

I am still waiting on the Maya, Navajo, Bulgaria, Burma. Preferably something along the Swahili and Berber coasts.

That's not even addressing the strong design options behind Timurids/Mughals, Tibet, Vietnam, Colombia, possibly Inuit or Taino. And the inevitability that is Portugal, the absence of anything Italian, and the weird incompleteness of the UK and Scandinavia.

Now that the art design has been let loose, there will be quite a lot of missed potential even after a third expack. Not to mention quite a lot of room for mechanical expansion between corporations, health, vassalage, barbarian politics, secularism/fandoms. It's nowhere near complete.

I'd say it's complete just to make them make all the dll and modding tools available which might otherwise kept back due to waiting for another expansion. :crazyeye:
Yes, I miss the option "No, we still lack civ4 or civ5 level of modding capabilities"

An update on this... I feel like it is rich enough with features that it may not need any more added (though if they can add more, I'm cool with it), but it definitely needs some of the features tied together and improved some. I guess some of the systems just need to be fleshed out more for it to truly feel complete. The best example is tourism and loyalty need to be tied together. In a way, I'd rather they flesh out what is currently in the game and tie it all together to make it feel more complete, than just add more features that aren't connected to the rest of the game. And I sort of fear that a third expansion may do just that. I'd welcome a third expansion back if it completes the game (with or without more features), but not if it just adds in more features to make the game feel more disjointed.

Aside from some civs, an advanced ai, and a few minor things, yea, it feels pretty complete to me. I'd rate it the best version of civ (previously I held 3 to be the best).

I voted for incomplete as well but what it needs is NOT another expansion pack but AI and balance improvements like others pointed out. The game still has SO much potential to be a lot more challenging and fun if the AI is improved and to be more specific, pursues victory conditions more aggressively. I have been playing since Civ 1 and this is the first Civ game that I can win on Deity most of the time. C'mon Firaxis, make Deity something to be feared and avoided again please!

Needs more scenarios , more maps , and some civs which all can be added via DLC packs. Maybe economic victory what could be made into expanssion with all the rest.

I think it's very good as is; and I thoroughly enjoy playing it. In its current condition, I think it's the best civ yet. But I voted for another expansion because I believe it can add so much more than a new edition per se. I'd like to see an economic victory and corporations return. I didn't care much for spies in prior versions, but the latest iteration of them is very good. I think the same could happen with corporations. Nearly everything could be added via updates; but I feel that another expansion could totally flesh out the current systems, including perhaps some modification of the diplomatic victory condition, changing luxury resources to the same mechanic as the change to strategic resources in GS, etc.

Originally I voted that it's time to start looking to Civ 7. But I changed my vote to "we need another expansion", not because I think we need more mechanics in the game, but because I want more Civs to play.

I'm not sure that adding new major systems would be a good idea, but it certainly needs tweaking, and maybe some minor systems.
However i'd prefer they keep working on civ6 instead of starting from scratch again with a civ7

I'm pretty good on features, a small XP with some new civs, some new units, a couple of scenarios, maps and other odds and ends wouldn't be bad.

Top Bottom