Does the spy level has an effect on diplomat actions?

Great question, I was wondering about this the other day. It doesn't appear to give additional propaganda bonuses for a culture victory, but I'd love some clarification.

I don't think so but a Diplomat will still pick up on that civs intentions like who he's plotting against so the higher the level the more information you will get.

In the game I'm playing I have level 3 diplomats with the Zulus and the Aztecs and I'm getting a 25% bonus to tourism for propaganda. However I'm not getting this bonus from the level 2 diplomat in Japan's capital.

My guess then is that the diplomat has to be level 3 to spread propaganda. Can anyone confirm this?

In the game I'm playing I have level 3 diplomats with the Zulus and the Aztecs and I'm getting a 25% bonus to tourism for propaganda. However I'm not getting this bonus from the level 2 diplomat in Japan's capital.

My guess then is that the diplomat has to be level 3 to spread propaganda. Can anyone confirm this?

Isn't that because Zulu and Aztecs are of a different ideology than you and Japan has the same as you ?

It's a misconception. You should always be getting the 25% bonus for your diplomat's actions. If you are not getting it, your diplomat was sent as a spy (automatic action when at war) or hasn't established his influence yet. Also, make sure that you've sent him to the capital and not the biggest city as I did once ;) Moreover, there's a delay between sending him and getting the bonus.

Afaik, there's nothing noteworthy about lv3 diplomats. They are just able to get a little more intel but lv1 diplomats can handle it well enough. Though I must check whether higher level diplomats can secure more votes in world congress, because being able to buy 3 votes of 12 my rival disposes is often not enough for my goals.

Isn't that because Zulu and Aztecs are of a different ideology than you and Japan has the same as you ?

Zulus and Aztecs do have different ideologies from me, but Japan hasn't adopted one yet.

So do you only get the propaganda bonus with civs who are following a different ideology?

Edit: I've found another thread which it says that this is how it works.

Zulus and Aztecs do have different ideologies from me, but Japan hasn't adopted one yet.

So do you only get the propaganda bonus with civs who are following a different ideology?

Edit: I've found another thread which it says that this is how it works.

Glad my answer (and understanding) wasn't completely misleading then.

Because how you summed it up (which was a much simpler and more elegant method than what I used) is how I understood it indeed :p

Top Bottom