• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Does this game work now?

AtomKano

Chieftain
Do people consider this game "fixed" after the patch, or is it still fundamentally broken? I can't tell by reading a changelog myself, so comments from anyone who have an opinion is appreciated...

The game's always worked for me, so don't know what you mean.

The patch fixes most of the stuff, but my AoD2 mod makes the game totally awesome. :)

All the most important boxes are ticked - The REF buildup is not so severe, at least for the lower difficulty levels - The AI is improved with the Natives more aggressive and the Europeans much stronger, and you also cannot attack them in the first 20 turns - Education is heaps better and you can now train veterans - guns and horses are more expensive so you need to manage your own production - colonists can now move to, and join a colony on the same turn - You can leave your independence declaration late and still have 100 turns to win - no CD required to play etc etc

I enjoyed the game when it first came out, but these changes make it even better.

I downloaded Dale's patch 1.03 as I wanted the bugs to be fixed without altering the gameplay so much, based on my idea of what the mechanics were like in the original Colonization. Should I download the new 'official patch' or stick with this one?

Use the official patch.

Top Bottom