DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

Sooo... Dominatr, I got Christos and Jeho in (hmmm.... Jeho might not have been the best of ideas but oh well) so I should get that bonusx2!

Anyways

TO: Sinopa

Peace at current borders, yes? Any Sinopans that wish to leave will be allowed to.

TO: Drop Rebels

Phocesians of Drop! We will end the war with Sinopa. Indeed, emissaries were sent before the beginning of your rebellion.

We did not wish to make war with Sinopa. Indeed, many years ago we had wished for peace to last forever between Phoces and Sinopa. But the Sinopans left us no choice. They murdered 200 citizens and uncounted population at the Docks! We had to avenge our fallen, and we have. Come back into the embrace of the Republic, come back to the riches of Phoces.

You will not be punished for your insurrection.

Jeho is the one who should start worrying.

It takes a lot to get me worried about anything. Even when PF was doing his thing in a certain other game you'd be aware of Patchy, I was not worried, more irritated at the futile annoyance of the whole thing :p

To: Phoces

Our empire has been damaged to such a degree that if we settled our borders at this point, we would suffer greatly. Of the captured coastlines of the main part of Sinopa, may we retain the northern portion so we may continue to participate in the Haredicumian trade like we did before? (If you aren't sure i can post a map)

Yes, we will once again be part of Phoces, under one condition. No aggression towards Sinopa, as we share a great bond, both in trade and in history.

Side note- the two recruits were a day late, but i'll let it slide and apply this to all current players: +1 to all stats, and +10 gold. Fair enough? No more bonuses after that, except for perhaps a Christmas thing in the near future. :)

The Unification of Dervon.
-

-

Harald sat in his hall along with the remaining warlords of the region who did not acknowledge his supremacy. His advisors had insisted on this meeting lest the war go on too long and start interfering with the summer raids on the southron nations, and with the agricultural cycle. A truce to enable these things they said was in everyones interest. Needless to say Harald who was called the cunning had other plans.

Offa, a rival chief stood up and spoke

"We can accept peace, if Harald gives us his sons has hostages to ensure he follows the vow to the one eyed god. A cunning man should never be trusted to keep his word"

many ayes filled the hall, Harald smiled and stood up

"Brothers, you wound me. I always keep my word. Did I not say to you that I would unify the people of Dervon into one nation? Did I not say that I would make us a nation that men would marvel to behold. Did I not say that I would make it that we could no longer be ignored by the southron lords.

But now you say you do not trust my word. Well I remind you of what else I have said to you all those years ago when I first took up the raven banner in a bid to unite our people. I said to you that you would bend the knee or I would sow the fields of this land with your blood. That you would bend the knee or you shall perish. I told you I would bring peace between our peopel, and so shall it be.

The warriors who were standing vigil around the hall stepped forward, obsidian knives carved from the frozen fires of Hrodder flashed in the light of the hearth as they emerged from under the grey robes of Haralds warriors. As one the warriors grabbed the white hair of the recalcitrant chiefs and slilt their throats. And with their passing ended the old order of the land.

Harald smiled, for the council had been a success. Peace HAD been achieved in Dervon, peace and unity under its rightful ruler. Behind his throne the eye of the statue of the One eyed God, the Lord of Crows glimmered mirthully in the firelight, as the heads of the fallen chiefs were laid out on its altar, their blood flowing down the cold stone and into the earth as all across the land, the entire nation pledged fealty to their new master.

Get him while he's weak :p

ooc: Im sure your regional rivals would love to take advantage of your temporary distraction to screw you over. Presuming of course you bothered with a northern expedition Patchy.

Dude. joke.

I don't even know you exist RP wise.

ooc: It was not just directed at you I might add ;)

Then why add my name at the end?

ooc: because your the one who said it :p

The Landing in Alexandria​

Spoiler :

Alexandria's port when first viewed by Kalu

Kalu knew something was amiss when he saw the harbor nearly completely empty from what he had been told of before these people were supposed to be a seafaring one. As the fleet approached he could hear a horn sound in alarm and what looked to be soldiers forming up on the harbor, but when they got close enough to send smaller ships to dock he heard another pattern of horn blasts and the soldiers began to disperse. Now confused Kalu got into his boat with his interpreter and set off to the harbor.

When he landed he was approached by a group of soldiers lead by a man, the interpreter told him that the man was demanding to know where they were from and their intentions so Kalu said that they were here to explore the seas for friendly people with which to open trade with. He then asked to see leader of the city but was denied and send to see his steward. After giving the ivory necklace to the steward Kalu secured a mooring near the port and then asked about why the city seemed ready for an invasion. He was told that their nation was at war with another called Ecta.

Spoiler :

Alexandrian pottery

Kalu spent most of his time in Alexandria and he noticed many things. One of the first things he did was trade some ivory for what looked to be earthen containers. The pottery fascinated the sailors and quickly found uses for them in storing supplies. He also saw people on his excursions from Alexandria mining the earth for stone similar to the mines in Lycia.

Kalu was also able to draw many similarities between them and Lycia, both were ruled by a king, both were militaristic people, and both had more war-like manifestations of Ani-Chukwu. One of the main differences between them was that the Alexandrians seemed to rely more on sea force rather than mostly land. On one of the occasion when Kalu saw warships enter the port he noticed that the prow of the ship was made up of two different types of wood. One was the same as the rest of the hull of the ship but the other seemed darker and denser and was attached to the front of the ship so that it would protrude in front of it. Kalu could only imagine that it was used to ram other ships and sink them. He took notes on the various different types of ships he saw, unlike in Amu-Daria most vessels were not small skiffs made for transporting objects along a river. Every ship he saw seemed to be outfitted to deal with the dangers of the sea.

One of the things the nobles seemed to find a fascination with was his stories of the war elephants and there use in battle. They were enthralled with his stories of the devastation that could be wreaked by an elephant charge and rumors expanded on how large and fearsome the beasts were. Kalu decided to set them strait when he heard that they were three times the size of the palace and had four tusks each the length of a building with wooden towers on their backs. Although he was careful never to reveal the actual weaknesses of the elephants.

Finally when he was about to leave the steward recommended to him a chain of islands to the south which would be much more interested in trade with his kingdom. With directions in mind Kalu set off for the next kingdom.

The Holy Book

Chapter 2:

War

Arisztlas, with his Army of Devils,
invaded Paradise. He burned everything
in his way.

Zeustoclap and his two children,
Poseitoclap and Anastasia, said
together ''Let there be Angels!''.

And the Angels were created.
Anastasia made the Angels beautiful.
Poseitoclap made the Angels soft like water.
Zeustoclap made the Angels strong like Storm.

And so the Angels and Devils clashed in one
epic battle. The winner would become King
of all Gods and of the Earth.

The Angels crushed the Devils.
Arisztlas decide to take over the Earth,
because he knew that the Gods took their
powers from the praying of the Humans.

So he came in earth with Human form
and came to the Kingdom of Hellas.

There, a beautiful but evil, woman ruled.
Kasandra her name was, Kasandra the beautiful
she was called by everyone.

Arisztlas, with his power, seduced her
and made love with her. She fell in love
with him and became his puppet.

Arisztlas then persuaded her to destroy the
Religion and stop the people from praying to the Gods.

So Kasandra send her Army and purged the
Priests. Thousands died. Then she ordered that
those who pray to the Gods would be executed.
And many more died.

A man called Alexandros, however, was able to
escape with his life. He went to the top of the
Sazar Mountain. He had to decide what he would
do.

Would he surrender?
Would he hide?
Would he die for his faith?
Would he stop praying to the Gods?

He could not decide. So he meditated
and prayed to the Gods for 49 Days
and 49 Nights, without food or water.

In the 50th day, he heard a voice.
The voice of Zeustoclap. Zeustoclap
said ''Alexandre, you are the chosen
one. I have decided to destroy the Humans.
However, I will help you lead the few Humans
who still pray to me. You will lead those people
to an unknown land with a huge Ship I will help
you create.''

''Yes my God'' Alexandros said.
So the Exodus begun.

Currently need orders from:

Alexaendros (Samsniped)
Paschim Ghati (Bonefang)
Lycia (Patriotic Fool)
Ok-Sai (Topsecret
Cilicia (Caprine Synesth)

Get them in and i may be able to get an early start on the update!

Jehoshua and Christos200 do not need to send in because orders are not needed on the same turn as the submission is made.

OOC: @Samsniped I embellish when I don't have much to work with.

Arrival in Phoces​

Spoiler :

The bustling trade port of Phoces

Arriving in the harbor of Phoces was a surreal experience for Kalu. It was as if someone had taken the architecture and land of Alexandria and put down the city of Kenamara on it. And even that was not a fitting description, unlike in Amu Daria where the rich nobles controlled most of the trade it seemed that everyone in the nation who wasn't sailing or part of the military was locked in a competition for the best spots in the markets, many different shops selling their wares called out for his attention.

Another new experience was the ability to dock the Ikenga herself in the actual harbor, the sea surrounding the harbor was surprisingly deep. Upon setting foot on the harbor he saw a large crowd that had gathered nearby looking at the new arrivals. One thing that struck Kalu as odd was that he saw at least two people with the same darkened skin as him among the crowd, he had gotten so used to the pale people now seeing some diversity was a shock. A group of people cut through the crowd and approached him, it was an emissary from what they called the Ecclesia headed by some man who was referred as an epistate. Kalu went through the process of presenting him an ivory necklace when his translator explained to him that he would be needing more than one.

Kalu spent most of his time in Phoces dealing with epistates or visiting citizens, which seemed to be the social class that took the place of the nobles. It took him some time to understand the various social classes and their relation to each other and who could move up or down in the social ladder. He was also amazed by the level of democracy shown in the government system, it was the first he had encountered which did not recognize one king. He was unsure how stable the government could be when left to the whims of the many, no matter how noble their blood could be.

Kalu was also shocked at how little time people dedicated to the gods, although everything seemed normal the first day it was only because there was a festival to the gods that there was sacrifices and many visits to their temples and shrines. When the festival was over the people seemed to forget about the gods. He learned that the manifestations of Ani-Chukwu in this nation were weak and few in number. The only one that seemed to be paid any decent amount of respect was Mercos the God of Trade. And depending on who he asked the names of these gods would change.

Spoiler :

Phocean pottery

One of the first things he noticed was that the steward of Alexandria had not lied to him, these people were eager to trade with his expedition for their ivory jewelry. He found that they too had these pots among many other items and quickly set about trading for samples that he could bring back to the king. Kalu noted that these were shrewd traders as the next day when he traveled to another city he saw one of the merchants he had sold the ivory to selling it for twice the price.

The war ships that he saw seemed to be even more powerful than the ones of Alexandria, the men seemed to be in general more disciplined and the ships looked sleeker and turned faster. He noted that this was a dangerous improvement with their tactics of ramming as it allowed them to gain a superior position in battle.

Finally after three months Kalu was ready to make his journey back to Amu Daria, he had grown a longing back for his home even as he saw all the new people and nations. But before he left he took one last action that was granted to him by King Sadok himself. He went up to the Ecclesia and proposed the following to them:

Would the nation of Phoces be interested in signing an agreement with the kingdom Amu Daria to open their borders to each other's merchants?

Currently need orders from:

Alexaendros (Samsniped)
Paschim Ghati (Bonefang)
Lycia (Patriotic Fool)
Ok-Sai (Topsecret
Cilicia (Caprine Synesth)

Get them in and i may be able to get an early start on the update!

Jehoshua and Christos200 do not need to send in because orders are not needed on the same turn as the submission is made.

Ordeuves tonight!

Top Bottom