[GS] Dramatic Ages - Issues with City Filps

civfan_999

Chieftain
I'm halfway through a dramatic ages game playing on deity and I have a few issues with the way the cities flip during dark ages.

I got golden ages the first two times, on the third, I got a dark age. I had 5 cites and 2 flipped. I was neighbored to Australia who also got a dark age and had only 1 of his 9 cities flip. That seems like quite a difference, especially since with the loyalty issues that insured, 2 of my 3 remaining cities were threatening to revolt in 8 and 12 turns (I moved some governors around, made some other moves, and recaptured one city to prevent this, but that was still a nuts first turn of the era for me).

More important than the quantity of cities, is which ones flip. I was expecting it to be newest cities or lowest population cites or lowest loyalty cities. One of my two cities that flipped was my second founded and very best city next to the capital. It seems outrageous that that should be the city to flip. Meanwhile Australia flips a 4 person city on my borders.

Lastly, I had three tiers of walls built in my cities. When I retook them, the walls were gone. This was particularly annoying as I am playing as Georgia on my way to a religious victory and the third tier wall provides faith. Why would the walls not be there when the city is retaken? They could be damaged, but I shouldn't have to rebuild them.

Also, when Australia's city was neutral, I had attempted to take it, but couldn't quite get it in time. However, the walls were nearly destroyed by the time it petitioned to rejoin his society. When it rejoined, its walls were full health. So I loose my walls and he not only keeps them but also insta heals them? That doesn't seem right.

Overall, the number of my cities that flipped seemed punitive, but I'm trying to think if that may be a good level of punishment for deity. I do not think it is fair to have the best non capital city be the one that flips when there are newer lamer options. And the walls thing doesn't make any sense to me.

Top Bottom