Dream Thread

i was back in a writing academy i attended in 2014. my seat was a toilet. so i was pooping as we were reading one of the students' texts. the pooping itself went fine, but it was really tough to stealthily wipe my butt after without taking attention. i was like, well, why in the world would they design it like this anyways?
I have these dreams when I have a gnarly wedgie.

i woke up not even needing to poop.

was weird.

so maybe that was it.
I had a run of them with a certain set of boxers never needing to poop when I woke up.

Had a dream that I was reading The Return of the King but it wasn't actually The Return of the King I just thought it was. After some time I realised why the story felt so odd and difficult to read: I had been reading the book right-to-left instead of left-to-right. (And oddly enough the story made sense that way, but the general feeling was that of swimming upstream.)

The story was pretty nonsensical in the way that most stuff in dreams is nonsensical, but there is one thing that stayed with me. In this dream-version of the book, the protagonist (don't remember his name) fights a bunch of battles with the good guys against the bad guys. Every time they win they swoop down on the nearest bad guy village/town and throw out any fleeing bad guy warriors and lodge there for the night. There is some sort of good guy group called the 'Medium Committee' which has the authority from the good guy leaders to designate houses as lodgings for the good guy soldiers, whether they are already occupied or not. Now the protagonist, instead of mixing with his fellow good guys, goes to a house (to do I don't exactly remember what) until the Medium Committee shows up, then goes to another house, then the Medium Committee shows up again, and so on. The general idea is that he's in some way trying to protect the bad guy villagers/townspeople from being abused. Also implied is he has some secret of his own he doesn't want the other good guys to know (something to do with some artifact he acquired through not very above board means).

Wasn't expecting this sort of moral complexity in a fevered dream narrative

The story was pretty nonsensical in the way that most stuff in dreams is nonsensical, but there is one thing that stayed with me. In this dream-version of the book, the protagonist (don't remember his name) fights a bunch of battles with the good guys against the bad guys. Every time they win they swoop down on the nearest bad guy village/town and throw out any fleeing bad guy warriors and lodge there for the night. There is some sort of good guy group called the 'Medium Committee' which has the authority from the good guy leaders to designate houses as lodgings for the good guy soldiers, whether they are already occupied or not. Now the protagonist, instead of mixing with his fellow good guys, goes to a house (to do I don't exactly remember what) until the Medium Committee shows up, then goes to another house, then the Medium Committee shows up again, and so on. The general idea is that he's in some way trying to protect the bad guy villagers/townspeople from being abused. Also implied is he has some secret of his own he doesn't want the other good guys to know (something to do with some artifact he acquired through not very above board means).
That actually is the plot of Return of the King, if you read each line right to left, rather than left to right.

Tolkien built it in, in the way people put those messages in record albums if you play them in reverse.

Peter Jackson is in talks to film this version of the book as well.

Oh, in that story, they oddly undestroy a dangerous ring and walk backwards from Mordor to the Shire.

yeah , another post that can be understood rather awkwardly . Arabic is read in some other direction and who is the Tolkienesque hero that hides the enemy after falsely vetting them ? Like who is winning to be in a position of vetting enemies in freshly captured enemy territory anyhow ? Remember there are a lot of third parties reading stuff here ...

yeah , another post that can be understood rather awkwardly . Arabic is read in some other direction and who is the Tolkienesque hero that hides the enemy after falsely vetting them ? Like who is winning to be in a position of vetting enemies in freshly captured enemy territory anyhow ? Remember there are a lot of third parties reading stuff here ...
How would you interpret the Medium Committee?

ı have been hated for more than 15 years now , everyday knotting something new into the mess , mentioned in a Goverment Press Briefing only once , and a few more times in TV debates . That would be the powers who think they are smart , strong and safe from danger . Who would already have very long lists of people to punish and it was a brief moment when it was talked about that ı was in a list of 400 to be executed first ; had the Disgrace of July 15th succeeded . Nice to offer help , but the city nearby would really not be surprised if ı DID pull out a lightsaber ...

Had a dream that I was reading The Return of the King but it wasn't actually The Return of the King I just thought it was. After some time I realised why the story felt so odd and difficult to read: I had been reading the book right-to-left instead of left-to-right. (And oddly enough the story made sense that way, but the general feeling was that of swimming upstream.)

Wasn't expecting this sort of moral complexity in a fevered dream narrative
That is a dream.

it is being involved with the plight of Gazze . But not politically acceptable or whatever . The Helms Deep or the later affairs in the books like end with Orcs getting what they were going to do to the humans ; in a few lines that one can easily miss . And Islamic scholars are always accepted by their followers to be able to know what's hidden and thus remains unknown to the public . That's a belief that one could moderate HAMAS ; the discussion of which is also not nice in view of CFC dynamics and whatnot .

would post this anyhow , considering my post would read quite weird in a short time later .

I was staying at a hotel that had a dog park in back of it. I went to walk my dog. Also in the park was the band Green Day. They were in town for a concert. None of them had a dog; they were just walking around. In this dream, Lars Ulrich was the lead singer of Green Day. I recognized him, and thus was able to put together that the others around him were the band. He made polite conversation. I said to him, "I know you're famous for being in Green Day, but I have to let you know that I may be the only person on earth who doesn't know any of Green Day's songs" (Which is true of me, by the way; I've heard the name Green Day, but they came on the scene once I no longer listened to pop music.) He was cool with that, and even, I sensed, kind of relieved--that he didn't have to be a famous person about whom there were big expectations, but could just be a guy walking around a dog park.

But he wasn't the real singer of Green Day, so normally would not be affected by you not knowing any Green Day songs. Interestingly, if you had met him as just Ulrich, he'd still be recognized, so (artificially) attributing to him something you knew nothing about was a kind of compensation? ^^

You know how when you sometimes have very vivid dreams when you doze off for just five seconds? Yesterday I dreamt that the Iraqi government was confiscating people's [passports/ID cards] and CFCers were blaming Iran for some reason

A work colleague, who retired years ago, is in town. We're in a public place together, but I'm still somehow regarded as his "host." He faults me for not offering him coffee, as a good host should do. I tell him that it's way later in the day than I ever drink coffee, and that's why it never occurred to me to offer him any. I'm not closed to providing him coffee, though, so I walk down a commercial street in search of a coffee shop. I get him some coffee. On my return trip, I ask for permission from a different restaurant to use one of their tables. In addition to the coffee, I seem to have purchased a pizza as well, thinking the guy might want that, or that my hosting requires that. I open the pizza box and it's not a full pizza, just various pieces of various shapes. It's almost the quantity of a full pizza, but not quite. When I bought it (which I don't remember having done) my thinking (which I do remember) had been "well we don't need a full meal; this is just a snack." But now looking at the pizza, I'm sure that the guy will be again disappointed with my hosting. Another work colleague, who has never appeared previously in the dream (but when she does, she's been present for all of these events) gets absolutely exasperated with me for how hard I am trying to accommodate the retiree.

A work colleague, who retired years ago, is in town. We're in a public place together, but I'm still somehow regarded as his "host." He faults me for not offering him coffee, as a good host should do. I tell him that it's way later in the day than I ever drink coffee, and that's why it never occurred to me to offer him any. I'm not closed to providing him coffee, though, so I walk down a commercial street in search of a coffee shop. I get him some coffee. On my return trip, I ask for permission from a different restaurant to use one of their tables. In addition to the coffee, I seem to have purchased a pizza as well, thinking the guy might want that, or that my hosting requires that. I open the pizza box and it's not a full pizza, just various pieces of various shapes. It's almost the quantity of a full pizza, but not quite. When I bought it (which I don't remember having done) my thinking (which I do remember) had been "well we don't need a full meal; this is just a snack." But now looking at the pizza, I'm sure that the guy will be again disappointed with my hosting. Another work colleague, who has never appeared previously in the dream (but when she does, she's been present for all of these events) gets absolutely exasperated with me for how hard I am trying to accommodate the retiree.
I like this dream. Solid 8

I aim to please.

Top Bottom