Druidism Religion Addition Mod

Ecglaf

Chieftain
This here is the first posting of my Druidism mod and the mod should be considered a beta run. Note that this is for the Warlords Expansion!

The mod has only been tested by myself, and I'm just a casual player. As noted in the readme file included in the folder, there are more than likely some balance issues to be addressed that I probably wouldn't have noticed.

The Druidism religion is an 8th religion, so none of the original religions have been replaced. That said, it's different from the other religions in that it only has one religious building. There are several other factors including an increased spread rate (130 from 100) that you might notice. I've tried to balance these out myself, such as making the construction cost of the Druidic Temple pretty steep to factor in that it isn't a normal temple and it's the only one Druidism gets. Also due to the increased spread rate, you can only have one Druid unit in play at a time (the religion's missionary).

So if there are any suggestion or bugs to report, post them here. Currently the only thing I notice as being a cosmetic problem in the game is the new technology doesn't have space on the tech tree to be listed, so it overlaps another technology. I considered having the religion founded by the first person to construct Stonehenge, but despite the fact that I use the Stonehenge model as the model for my Druidic Temples, Stonehenge wasn't built by Druids and it predated Druidism by about 1000 years I think. So even though Druids may have used the site, which too is up for debate, they didn't create it.

Enjoy!

Download Druidism Mod

Sweet. I typoed the link to the download which I'm hosting myself.

Sorry about that.

Could you fix it pretty please?

sounds nice, i´ll give it a shot :)

SIGH.
Sorry again. The link is working. I should have tried it LAST time I "fixed" it.

Also, I forgot to note that if anyone wants to take the code and art and such and put this into another mod, by all means please do. Just mention me somewhere!

This mod (druidism mod) is all I wanted... but Damn it Doesnt work. I got a lot of errors when the game is restarting to load. Like XML error... A lot of errors. Please fix it. Is the only Mod I want... All Other sucks. :) Please man... fix it.

This mod (druidism mod) is all I wanted... but Damn it Doesnt work. I got a lot of errors when the game is restarting to load. Like XML error... A lot of errors. Please fix it. Is the only Mod I want... All Other sucks. :) Please man... fix it.

Judging by the date I'm not sure if this is 2.08 compatible. And he hasn't updated in 10 months. Your odds aren't good. :(

I just loaded this up and it runs fine under Warlords 2.08. I think I'm going to add new Druid artwork and a new temple graphic to it.

I think it would be a great addition, but I won't have time until after the Holidays. Lots of great art out there for it.

There have been a number of Druid religion mods made over the years. I use a variation of Aaranda's. Johny Smith also made one, I think, and there was at least one other that had a better founding screen. I don't have this one but I think I may have posted my early modular version of Aaranda's on this forum. It was for use in Rise of Mankind.

There have been a number of Druid religion mods made over the years. I use a variation of Aaranda's. Johny Smith also made one, I think, and there was at least one other that had a better founding screen. I don't have this one but I think I may have posted my early modular version of Aaranda's on this forum. It was for use in Rise of Mankind.

Thanks for the info, can religions be modular? Sorry to ask.

Top Bottom