Dungeon Adventure MOD MOD

YES!!!! I can't wait to finally play this (downloading now)!:woohoo:

edit: Wow... 1.5 hours to download... What am I supposed to do for that long!:cry:

Yeah... sorry about that. It is about 600+ MB for the two files AFTER being zipped. Nearly a GB unzipped.

Well, I'm downloading 2 at once, to the Adventure.zip should speed up once Adventure2.zip is done, but I was looking forward to playing this right away, blissfully ignoring something commonly called "connection speed."

Yes, uploading wasn't exactly zippy, either. The big file, I submitted and let it run overnight. I seriously hope that these files work for you!

uhoh,

now i know what you mean by it never loads
i get this error twice with every attempt to load the mod

Have a look in {modfolder}\Resources\Civ4.thm (notepad will open it). You need to make the mod directory name match what the path says there (don't change the path though - that's mentioned in the XML too).

Haven't had chance to download it yet so can't tell you what the path is - but you can find it there.

you mean this?:
Code:
// *** Control Bitmap Theme file

// Set the resource 
resource_path	"Mods/Adventure/Resource";

// Setup common properties
include			"Mods/Adventure/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

i cant find anything wrong with it, the mod folder is still called Adventure, and there is a Civ4Theme.thm file in the Themes/Civ4 File. i found the Civ4Theme file and just made sure it had a '.thm' at the end, and that made it worse, instant crash without any pop ups... strange...

You are now experiencing first hand what has been driving me nuts these last few weeks.

If I start a regular BTS game, then exit and start an Adventure game, it sometimes works. Generally, I keep trying different load/start combinations and eventually it works. I would love it if someone could pinpoint this problem!

You are now experiencing first hand what has been driving me nuts these last few weeks.

If I start a regular BTS game, then exit and start an Adventure game, it sometimes works. Generally, I keep trying different load/start combinations and eventually it works. I would love it if someone could pinpoint this problem!

Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml

Code:
		<MiscArtInfo>
			<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
			<Path>Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 030/Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
			<fScale>0.0</fScale>
			<NIF>None</NIF>
			<KFM>None</KFM>
		</MiscArtInfo>

That one needs fixing too. It'll only work if you have 030 still installed at the moment. It should be...

Code:
		<MiscArtInfo>
			<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
			<Path>Mods/Adventure/Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
			<fScale>0.0</fScale>
			<NIF>None</NIF>
			<KFM>None</KFM>
		</MiscArtInfo>

I've no idea how reloading multiple times could make this work though - it just shouldn't...

Made the change suggested by Vehem -- good catch, by the way.

It still did not resolve the load errors. I just tried it again, and got crashes right when it first starts to look at the XML. But this time, I started a normal game of BTS, exited to the main menu, loaded the Adventure mod -- and it loaded right up.

But that procedure doesn't work all of the time.

I keep thinking that this has to be some obvious noob mistake I am making... if I have debugging turned on, will these load errors be captured in the BTS logs? I could post those if they would help.

Made the change suggested by Vehem -- good catch, by the way.

It still did not resolve the load errors. I just tried it again, and got crashes right when it first starts to look at the XML. But this time, I started a normal goame of BTS, exited to the main menu, loaded the Adventure mod -- and it loaded right up.

But that procedure doesn't work all of the time.

I keep thinking that this has to be some obvious noob mistake I am making... if I have debugging turned on, will these load errors be captured in the BTS logs? I could post those if they would help.

Hmm - it's actually loading fine for me (does look very impressive too). What's the error message given (if any) when it's crashing?

I turned on the "create dump in a crash" bool in the init file. May it was already doing this, but I noticed a file called ThemeParseLog and opened it:

Code:
[May 15, 2008 - 15:21:24] Messages while processing 'Mods/Adventure/Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Make sense to anyone?

I turned on the "create dump in a crash" bool in the init file. May it was already doing this, but I noticed a file called ThemeParseLog and opened it:

Code:
[May 15, 2008 - 15:21:24] Messages while processing 'Mods/Adventure/Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Make sense to anyone?

Vista?

Either way - check the files Kael posted in this thread

My game works fine... Until I end the first turn (of the demo-save). Every time I do so, it crashes. Any idea what's causing this, or am I just (un)lucky?

Top Bottom