Earth 1500 AD

JoeyB98

King of Ohio
A simple edit of the 1000 AD map that shipped with the game to make time pass 500 years! The Hapsburg Empire is slowly crumpling, fighting Protestant heretics in France and Muslim Turks in Hungary. Meanwhile, Spanish explorers discover the new world and all prepare for a huge clash. In the east, the Ming empire is booming, leading to an era of peace and prosperity, while in Eastern Europe, tensions build between the Polish Lithuanian Compound and the Muscovian Tsardom. Check it out!

DL:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19385

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 2,389
  • Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 2,071
  • Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 1,961
Sorry to Hijack this thread, but where can I download that blank RFC map? (Sorry if this is a necro, but I figured since this was still front page...)

RFC stands for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.
I think you can find the blank map among the RFC subforum downloads.

Nice mod. Im now the proud owner of two vassals :goodjob: France and Papal States.. They asked me to vassalize them so..... Playing as the Habsburg Empire

I loved this mod, so i felt a need to add to it. New cities, cities renamed, uncolonized america and africa teaming with barbarians. Adding some units to some countries for an easier start.

Edit. Im keeping this here, it's the last version of the scenario starting at 1500 and with 1500 technologies too. The later 1400 AD start dates have the technologies of the vanilla version of the 1000AD scenario.

Attachments

• 1500 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    934.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I still see overexpansion by the ottomans, inca and aztec. Ottomans i could remove around the ethiopian area, scale the aztec down to one city and scale the inca down to two cities

Im itching to add back the holy roman empire. Or is hapsburgs the more accurate way to go in 1400?

Last edited:
No. Although the Habsburg house was founded in in the 11th century and they often ruled as Holy Roman Emperors, the HRE was dissoluted only in 1804. We can speak of the Habsburg Empire till the formation of the Austro-Hungaran Monarchy (or Empire) in 1867.

Ok, sounds good. Still need to further weaken aztec, inca and the ottomans. north and south america and africa (and all those barbarian cities i've added) were intended as fun spoils for the european nations, i prefer not to be at war with the aztec inca or ottoman empires.

Just removed aztec contacts to all nations at game start, if you can't see aztec
then you don't know about them ;) Finding their empire will allow them to naturally
become in contact with you

And second all i did was remove notre dame cathedral and sistine chapel (i think it was
the sistine chapel) from Paris so their borders dont leak over all of germany. I couldn't
stand that blob being so far and wide. The french player is free to rebuild these two
buildings if they choose fit

And i started my own scenario based off the 1000AD scenario with the box game. I thought
it would be much easier to change what's necessary to update the map to 1400 AD than
go about erasing all the barbarian settlements so aztec, inca and ottoman empire
could't expand left and right into barbarian owned territory but i saw that the aztecs
and incas at least built their own cities and within 50 years, aztec would control all
of north america and inca would own all of south america anyway. The only way to
keep them nerfed is through constant barbarian units and barbarian cities. So im back
to my own redue, 1400 AD, of the original 1500 AD mod brought to us by JoeyB98

Attachments

• 1400 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    946.7 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom