Earth 1790 AD

Another updated version has arrived, no major changes but I added some French navy in Egypt, Removed some British army and changed some cities and religions (Jerusalem and Rome are HCs again and added Christianity in Brussel and Sardinia)

This scenario (and your 1600 one) are absolutely brilliant, Lokolus - it's great to have them as scenarios instead of mods (thereby letting us base our own mods on them if we like) - there are simply not enough files like these available! Are you planning on doing any more?

the Grande Armée was only formed to defeat Russia.

This is incorrect: the campaign against Russia (1812) ushered in the defeat of the Grand Army. It was formed in 1804 in order to invade England - which never happened, ofcourse.:mischief:

This scenario (and your 1600 one) are absolutely brilliant, Lokolus - it's great to have them as scenarios instead of mods (thereby letting us base our own mods on them if we like) - there are simply not enough files like these available! Are you planning on doing any more?

I am currently working on a "Earth 1862 AD" scenario.

Sounds great; why 1862 though? Seems to me a date slightly later with a unified Germany and Italy might be a better choice.

Sounds great; why 1862 though? Seems to me a date slightly later with a unified Germany and Italy might be a better choice.

Italy was almost unified in 1862 (only the Papal states and the Veneto region were not Italian) and Germany was'nt unified but it was under Bismarck's rule. I chose 1862 because of the American civil war and because I can use Bismarck, Victoria and Lincoln.

Hey, I tried some light revising of your map. There were some basic stuff that I though needed some work that I hope you don't mind me doing here.

Here's an overview of what I did:

-Fixed populations of all the cities so they're not starving right off the bat. I didn't fix the population for barbarian cities though.

-Fixed some improvements that you can't normally do in the game. (E.G. Forest cannot not be on mines)

-Lowered Scandinavia's population a bit to be a little more realistic.

-Increased Russia's population a little (especially in the west) to be a little more realistic.

-Made Jerusalem the holy Christian city since it has the holy building and it makes more sense while Rome still remains the Christian capitol.

-Beijing now has the Confucianism holy building while Shanghai has the Taoist holy building.

That's about it.

I was going to do some major modifications like having a Chicago instead of a Green Bay for a major city and giving France Minneapolis or something since that would also be a major city but I didn't want to make ultra changes just in case you wanted to use mine as a basis for a future update.

Hope I made it a little better. :)

Here's the file:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/92511/Earth_1970_Edit_2.rar

I don't really have a problem with you changing my map but I most correct some of your fixes:
-Scandinavia's population in the game is larger than normal because a low populated scandinavia is very weak.
-Russia's population is small because of balancing issues that took me hours to find the best solution, even adding a population of 1 to each Siberian city makes Russia very overpowered.
-Minneapolis and Chicago are not in because of Historical reasons (did'nt exist).
And I really don't mind about you modifying my map, If you check this thread you will see more alternative versions.

I don't really have a problem with you changing my map but I most correct some of your fixes:
-Scandinavia's population in the game is larger than normal because a low populated scandinavia is very weak.
-Russia's population is small because of balancing issues that took me hours to find the best solution, even adding a population of 1 to each Siberian city makes Russia very overpowered.
-Minneapolis and Chicago are not in because of Historical reasons (did'nt exist).
And I really don't mind about you modifying my map, If you check this thread you will see more alternative versions.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Thanks for explaining why you had it that way, I wasn't sure myself.

Hi, what´s the point of having a scenario start with a whole bunch of cities starving ? Is there a way to transfer XS food from another city and I haven´t figured it out yet ? :confused:

I'm playing as France with the mod Revolutions on, and gave the US my French-American territory in order to convince them to become my vassal. They did, and together we crushed the English and vassalised them too. I finished up my wars with Austria and Germany by pushing them back past Berlin and so forth, and then vassalised those two. Then I attacked Spain, gaining the vassal of Columbia, taking a city in America (and giving it to the US) and all of its European territories. Finally I've crushed and vassalised Portugal, but they became so small that they revolted and turned over all of their cities (well, the one they had left) and units to me. Now I'm casting my greedy eye towards Spain once again. Together, the mighty People's Republics of Europe, North America and South America will crush the pathetic Spanish imperialists!

Great scenario.

You can maybe make this historical ; give the French humongous Science penalties or problems in some way. ?

And congrats once again!;)

BTW, do you have any plans for the Middle East map, perhaps?:confused:

Are you some kind of mind-reader? I just started working on a scenario for this map!

Top Bottom