Earth 1790 AD

Cool!;) (I was just wondering why you released a map out of the blue...):mischief:

The map was my first file, I published it with my 20th post, it was way before I became a "scenario guy"...

I'm really enjoy this, but is there any reason that in this scenario you can't build walls?

EDIT

And how many turns does this scenario have?

I'm late to the party, but at a glance in the WordBuilder that seems to be the best Lokolus' scenario.

That that's the best scenario that scenariomaker produced. :)

I'm having a lot of trouble with this scenario.

I have downloaded it several times, but every time that I try and load it, the game crashes to desktop while the scenario is loading.

I have BTS, and I am playing with the "cultural diversity" graphics mod.

Please help.

I have BTS, and I am playing with the "cultural diversity" graphics mod.

Are you using the latest patch? If so, then try to disable the cultural diversity when loading the mod.

This is a nice scenario. How can you go about editing it? Civ III had that exe that would bring up the map for the scenario, but I can't seem to find the same for Civ IV.

And the British flag looks like a Danish flag (the colors have been inverted). And I still can't seem to build city walls! Please help :cry:

Just open the WBS (you can do this simply via Notepad or any text editor) and save (and check!) any changes you make. BTW, City Walls become obsolete some time before 1790 AD (with Gunpowder? You can check w/Civpedia), so you won't be able to build them unless you edit out some techs.;)

Damn, where was I.... Thanks for the tip about city walls, I was getting annoyed. :goodjob:

Great Scenario. Favorite period of history (at the moment).
I don't mean to nag, and I'm sure someone's already said this...

But Napoleon didn't come into power until 1799. It was Louis XVI, then Robespierre,then Paul Barras (I'm into the French Revolution at the moment).

AND IF ANYBODY SAYS: "You realize you can just change the name!" I'LL COME AFTER EM!
Why post this, you ask? Cause I had to. :mischief:

Can someone please help me? I downloaded this and it's a notepad file with a bunch of symbols in it.

EDIT: Extracted. Not working, no way to start it. How do you start it?

Airrifle, extract the file in the PublicMaps folder of BtS, then you can launch it from the menu (Scenario) but it plays also directly if you just double-click on the file.

EDIT: obviously you have a problem with your extractor. Out of the .rar file, you should get this file "Earth 1790 AD.CivBeyondSwordWBSave" which is a text file of more than 65,000 lines but no "symbols".

It's been a week since i played this. I scaled it back to 1750, added poland and bavaria and changed cities as appropriate. I can't get bavaria to keep any land tiles after the first turn except their one city of munich. Portugal is being strangulated by Spain, no matter how many buildings i add to portuguese iberian cities. I even added a second city but to no avail. As usual, africa is a mess for colonialisation, don't venture into the heart of darness unless you got quite a bit of units with you. Well enjoy, and give ultimate credit to Lokolus, who did 99% of the work :hatsoff:[pimp]

Attachments

• 1750 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
I did a fair amount of work to upload a new 1750 version. Portugal had no tiles next to spain because portugal was a vassal of spain, problem solved. And here's a 1775 version of the 1790 mod of Lokolus

Attachments

• 1750 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 1775 AD Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Top Bottom