Earth 18 Civs: Triumvirate Uprising PBEM

Mongol units defeat Persian units with ease, and incoming units should retreat as well or find or rather never see them again. Your turncoat bootlicking will end here, Mongolia will be much harder to defeat than you think! I assure you your Catapult led squad will be decimated and rendered inefficient of the task you think you'll accomplish, I am no AI,..........................

Genghis Khan

Egypt seeks to live in peace but doubts that will happen.

Aztecs struggle against harsh mountainous geography with riches but little nourishment. Oh for some buffalo and bison.

Guys, I'm having trouble loading the game file. When I try to load my game file from within the game, it keeps crashing and I barely get a split second to read the error before the game crashes. I attached a shot from my phone (couldn't print screen fast enough after multiple times).

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140614_0001[1].jpg
    wp_ss_20140614_0001[1].jpg
    36 KB · Views: 31
Steam?

When I went to the PBEMTracker website to get the file, I selected to open it instead of saving it manually to a PBEM folder like I usually do. It launched Steam but the Civ 4 game failed to load. So I went my usual route of manually downloading the game to the folder I've been using for the Triumvirate Uprising games. Then I usually launch Civ 4, go to Multiplayer > PBEM > Load Game > select my turn and go. Instead I got the error screen I posted.

I really am not sure what to do and could really use guidance on how to fix this. I'll try and explore other options as well.

Damn!! Another game crapped up by that f'd up outfit. :gripe:

Why is everyone signing up with that crap/ripoff outfit?

Quikboy, there's a fix to straighten out what they screwed up on another thread herein.
Here's part of discussion of how to fix:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=452162&page=102

Pls fix file & get us all going again. :please:

From what I gathered, they did a System Restore point. I'll give that a try as soon as I can close everything and hope it works. Sorry for the delay guys.

Make sure you go to the "Library right click on the BTS go to "Properties" and locate "do not update"
Before and after your restore! If this does not work, Reallyevilmuff has replacement files and instructions.

Btw PC games in CD or DVD formats are becoming obsolete and hard to find, the stores we used to go to buy them now sell cards with special numbers and a website to download the game. This is a change we'll all be forced to accept. Just try to buy a PC with a floppy disk driver.

The solution didn't work for me. I'll just resort to using my old laptop which I used before. Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry for your issues quikboy. I personally don't have steam and will refuse to ever have it in the future if possible. I originally got my copy through a purchase on amazon for like $12, followed by a download to my laptop, no steam necessary, is that still possible?

sent on, the Mali and Inca continue to struggle...

The struggle against the rebel scum continues. Death to the enemies of the Emperor!

Nothing like invading while there's a civil war going on. :cooool:

Ah, look! Advanced elements of our greatly enhanced Afrika Korps have spotted the tops of some remarkable triangles in the sky! :scan:
They seem to portend riches ahead in the cities they rise from. :drool:

Top Bottom