[MAPSCRIPT] Earth Evolution - v4 for BTG and historical versions

P&nny

Warlord
I'm opening this topic as I realized there is none for the map Earth Evolution, which I think is the most played "real world" map there is (it's at least the case for multiplayer); as I was asked to update it for Beyond the Game.

I'm uploading a zip with version 2, version 3, and version 4 alpha for Beyond the Game (also compatible with Beyond the Sword of course)
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/beyond-the-play-community-mod.648750/

Earth is a very large map of 124x68 reflection very accurately what our world is like :

Version 4 offers

Options that enhanced on v3 :
Start spots
On top of historical start (everyone in his "real" place) or all starts allowed,
I've added a few preset selected starting slots, usually 18 not based in North America.
Indeed, in Multiplayer the same slots are always (with small variations) selected for players and AI. This is the most balanced way of playing the map. You can read "Starting S
I've also added new starting spots for the new civilizations in BTG

For example Australia

Polynesia Triangle
This is an option to force redesign of the section of the map around Polynesia, and it makes a lot of the ocean tiles into coast; making it possible to naviguate with Galleys and somehow more viable starts

Options that kick in with Beyond the Game MOD only (if using with BTS, nothing happens)
BTG New Resources
I've positioned Salt, Olives, Amber and Tea according to real world sources

BTG Sulphur
This resource is quite common in the world so I made an option that it spawns under the player starting location (or close) for each player

BTG Palm Trees
Palm trees in BTG are simply trees which provides half the hammer production. I made an option to turn it on, off, or more interestingly it's changing all trees between 2 certain latitudes.

Attachments

• EarthEvolution.zip
    70.4 KB · Views: 133
In the above post I provided the "alpha" version of EarthEvolution4, am all ears for feedback, especially from seasoned MP players on this (I confess I've not played it a lot myself).

It can be simple map adjustment (like a given tile to change); or suggestion for options.
Feedback here or on the Beyond the Game discord (https://discord.gg/GtBQZwr) all welcome.

03/05 - Uploaded the latest version, which is released with BTG 2.22. Of course compatible with BTS

Last edited:
Top Bottom