Earth map and editing questions

Arc-Lite

Former Scenario Editor
Please excuse the ignorance of an avid gamer closing in on 40 years of age. The days of me being cutting edge in Civ knowledge are over.

With that said if a patient soul will answer the following questions it would be appreciated.

I would like to know if an earth map is available for multiplayer. I would like to get a lan game going against the wife on said map. It appears this is not going to happen in 2012 I just wanted confirmation.

Next question which is off topic yes, I know but I'm old and cranky :) I would like to modify a map in which I play all the time that is a single player mod to force the computer to keep at least 6 squares between cities. Is this possible and how do you do it?

Finally, I would like the option to raze capitals and city states. Again; Is this possible and how do you do it?

To anyone who answers a profound thank you.

Next question which is off topic yes, I know but I'm old and cranky :) I would like to modify a map in which I play all the time that is a single player mod to force the computer to keep at least 6 squares between cities. Is this possible and how do you do it?

1. Browse to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\Gameplay\XML

2. Open GlobalDefines.xml with notepad

3. Look for:

<Row Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE">
<Value>3</Value>
</Row>

4. Edit value 3 to "6"

5. Save and exit

6. Do this on all LAN pc. Files need to be identical.

Top Bottom