Earth Map - Starting Locations

bournvita

Chieftain
Hi.

Is there a way to get the civs to start at their correct (real-life) locations in the earth map?

Also, I tried fixing this manually using the debug mode. I get to choose the unit type under the create unit menu, but how do i place the unit and how do i switch between civs ?

Thanks in advance for any help

You need to create a scenario that places civs at their proper start points and play that in the advanced settings before starting the game. This has been done for you (both with the in game earth maps and custom earth maps) and can be accessed via the mod browser.

I'm pretty sure there is a mod Dale made for this. Go look in the mod browser.

thanks guys, will check the mod browser.

Also, could some one help me with my doubt regarding what to do in the debug mode.

I tried using Dales maps as America and I started in Western Africa. Does anybody know if there is a problem with those maps or did I do something wrong?

I tried using Dales maps as America and I started in Western Africa. Does anybody know if there is a problem with those maps or did I do something wrong?

There should be a "load scenario" button under the map type that you need to check.

As far as I know, you can't use scenarios with advanced start, which is dumb.

There should be a "load scenario" button under the map type that you need to check.

As far as I know, you can't use scenarios with advanced start, which is dumb.
Not tried this, but I believe you have to go into advanced start, set the options appropriately, and then go back to the simple start, and it will use the advanced settings.

Top Bottom