Earth18: Let's give the Incan city to the Romans

Da_V_Man

Chock full of V goodness
I was playing the Earth18 scenario (man what a steamroll!) as England. I was the first (and only) to settle in South America, so I made those cities a colony of Ottomans under Mehmed II. Earlier in the game I killed the Romans, and obliterated them off of the face of the Earth.

However, later I was conquering the Aztecs and Incans, and whenever I conquered a city, it would ask if I wanted to return it to the Romans. I thought, "no, why would I do that?" and just gave the city to Mehmed through the diplo window. Later, I decided to see what would happened if I gave it to the Romans and when I did, it went to the Ottomans!

What happened is that there were only 18 spots in the game, so the Roman Team was re-filled with the Ottomans.

My question is, what if you did this where there are already 18 living civs on the map?

there was something about this in another thread. apparently the game has a real tendency to do this.

In my experience, my cities have asked to join empires I have not met yet.

Sometimes the colonies take the civilization of eliminated AIs. The leader is different. Once I had Kublai Khan of Carthage. Check again if it's not Mehmed of the Romans.

Its a pretty serious bug when a vassal becomes a war everyone was previously at war with. Not only will lots of civilizations declare war on you but if you have any of the destroyed civilization's cities, suddenly they will start yearning for their motherland :S
Oh and I hate it when you're told the people want to join some other random empire we may not have even met, its ludicrous.

That bug was fixed in the patches.

Top Bottom