Easy screenshot tool for Civ! ScreenShotAssistant

wonderful ive been looking for something like this for along time now, tell me does it work in other games as well?

It should work in any case where you can get an image into the clipboard, so it should work for a variety of games. Although, some don't interact with the "PrtScn" key properly and it might not work in such cases. Feel free to experiment. :)

2.2 is now available! I would appreciate feedback on the "Civ 3" special feature, especially since I only tested on Conquests 2.2.

Version 2.2
Added "What's New" screen.
Added "Special Features" menu item.
Added "Civ 3" options setup dialog.
Added "Generate Website" button.
Added "Size Percentage" scrollbar.

EDIT: Oops... added an error... if you don't have 2.1, download it first, delete the "Settings.xml" file and then start 2.1. Close 2.1 and reinstall 2.2. Or, just wait until this evening when I release 2.21.

Amazing.
This is not only a CIV3 tool, its a everywhere tool. I still haven´t found a game where it doesn´t work.
Send this to microsoft with a note like "See? THIS is user-friendly!"

Neat tool. Thanks.

You might add on the sourceforge page and the readme.txt that the .NET runtime is required. Everything before Win2k/WinME will need it installed explicitly, and to my surprise my WinXPsp2 didn't have it installed so I got the startup failure until I downloaded it from Windows Updates.

By the way, you saved version 2.1 and version 2.21 (the .zip's with the executables) with the same filename, so although sourceforge has 2.1 and 2.21 listed seperately they link to the same file.

Nice one, Arphahat!

Just in case everyone doesn't already know, I'll mention that Windows takes a screenshot of the active window (rather than the whole screen) in response to Alt+PrintScreen.

:bump: :yup: :yup: :yup:

Hey,
Just have to thank bugrit for the bump. I have a dead photoshop. So finding this is a savior. I can use this for screenshots now. Then downloading to Picture it! Then the fun. I'm able to have conquest routes, planned cities, etc.
I've been here for almost 2 years a member for almost 1 and was never able to do this. I've :drool: over some pictures.

Finally I can do what you all have done for years. Screenshots! :yup: :yup: :yup:

A Big Thank you to Arphahat.

A Merry Christmas to all!!! :xbiggrin: :xmascheers:

Blaze Injun

I'm glad that this tool is still useful! Most new games incorporate the screenshot feature right into it, and XFire also has screenshot capability so I thought it was mostly a dead/dying tool. Well, it might be dying, but it won't go without a fight! :)

At any rate, sorry I've been away so long. If there are any problems / feature requests I may have some time to work on them, so let me know.

I went to the site to try to dl this program but it never actually gets there. it just tells me that there are files to read and temptingly looks like this is a download page.

Where do you actually dl this? I love the abilities it promises.

You could also use FSSCREEN... There are multiple screenshot capture programs which work with Civ.

Tell me more... I want the ability to take multiple pics without having to deal with each one as it happens.

Bumped from the DEAD.

Hi, I'm looking at my old Screenshot Assistant and have been tweaking and updating it. I don't know if anyone here is still interested, but if you have any suggestions on features or improvements, please either let me know here or at Sourceforge.

Definitely cool that it auto-adds the Civ3 game date to the file. I've yet to see any other screenshot utility do that. I just took it for a spin, and have one feature request, though I have no idea how easy/difficult it would be to implement - be able to take a screenshot mid-battle. As it stands right now, a screenshot taken mid-battle shows what appears on the screen after the battle, and this is true of several other screenshot utilities as well. My current go-to screenshot program is ImageShack QuickShot by MTiN, because it can handle mid-battle screenshots. If your program can do that, it would take over as my first-choice screenshot program.

Top Bottom