Editing a map for a hot seat MP game

we are playing an usual multiplayer, trying to get my young kids hooked up on civ iv :) so we have been playing a couple of hot seat games with us and several AIs, the idea was that we would fight AIs together.

The problem is that there is a couple of game requirements that I am not able to communicate during custom map set up, but for some reason I cannot enter world builder for such games :confused: For example, our first game we ended up on isolated islands and it took us forever to tech to astro, which was disappointing as we have been looking to meet each other, trade, etc. Next game we pick pangea, but again it was not so good, we were positioned in a way that make dogpiling AIs difficult etc. Another challenge is that one of the players is 6yo :D, so of course he is playing on Settler, while others play on higher diffs (it is great that you can do this in MP, had no idea!), but I would like to have more control on where he is, perhaps give him some extra perks got style. So how I can enter World Builder? I was surprised I cannot, the game is mine, but apparently I do not have admin privileges for hot seat MPs?

Hello! If you want to enter worldbuilder, you have to do so in singleplayer, save the map, and then play that map on multiplayer. I hope I understood your problem right.

Hello! If you want to enter worldbuilder, you have to do so in singleplayer, save the map, and then play that map on multiplayer. I hope I understood your problem right.

Oh, thank you very much! I didn't realize you can edit map in SP and play the same map as MP. Will try.

Top Bottom