[BNW] Egregious Warmonger Penalty

Equilin

King
I'm currently playing with YnaEMP, 34 civs, some other mods but none changes diplomacy (maybe the Make Spies Great Again Mod, but I dont think it's related to War Penalty).

Already met the whole world, and got into the chain of DoFs that has been going on between AIs, resulting in lots of DoFs (15+ I think).

Then AI Darius asked me to join a war against Attila, I asked for 10 turns period. The time comes, I agree to the deal and DoW Attila, then most of my friends just backstab me, and the "someone they like more denounced you" chains more backstabs (as well as neutral denounce), all that with just one DoW, no cities taken at all.

Is this normal? My military is ranked 5-6 out of 34 so I think it's not the reason.

Are you sure that in the flury of DoFs that you hadn't DoF with Attila? If you were friends with Attila when you DoW, that's a severe diplomatic penalty. Nothing that you described would result in a warmonger penalty though.

If I backstabbed him it would appear in the diplomacy "reasons" for everyone that does not like me right? I got none of that.

Did you recently choose your ideology, and was it different from the majority of your friends'? That could lead to mass denouncements, even from friends. It could be possible that the DoW was just simply the tipping point if such was the case, but it's hard to see how just declaring war alone could cause so many civs to suddenly hate you.

Did you recently choose your ideology, and was it different from the majority of your friends'? That could lead to mass denouncements, even from friends. It could be possible that the DoW was just simply the tipping point if such was the case, but it's hard to see how just declaring war alone could cause so many civs to suddenly hate you.
Ideology? In the classical-medieval era?

Ideology? In the classical-medieval era?

What era are you in?

A lot of times, the AI lies to you about being your friend. Maybe they all secretly hated you anyways and this was the final straw. Maybe a few of them secretly hated you but had genuine friendships with others. When they decided to Denounce, it caused the chain reaction of successive denouncements. That's the most likely explanation.

What era are you in?

A lot of times, the AI lies to you about being your friend. Maybe they all secretly hated you anyways and this was the final straw. Maybe a few of them secretly hated you but had genuine friendships with others. When they decided to Denounce, it caused the chain reaction of successive denouncements. That's the most likely explanation.

Most AI classical, me Medieval (one Ancient but he's not involved in global politics).
Well the only thing i'm curious about is that one DoW is the final straw to backstab. I thought it'd took more than that (even if most civ5 AI civs are backstabbers bar the few known) like one city or sth.
In the end i broke the entire alliance ring with 3 war bribes as a payback anyway XD.

@Equilin, I thing you should talk to other people that play YnaEMP with huge number of AI civs. I would expect that to mess with the games in terrible ways. Nothing feels very robust. So playing with 4x the number of civs that the developers never tested for, things should be expected to break.

Top Bottom