Roster re-check:

Bede - got hammered by Charlie
cubsfan aka charlie - up
AlCosta - skipped till heard from
wolf_66 - on deck
Tank_Guy #3 (Lurking)

IBT: TOugh Turn of fighting we lose dong hai and one green beret company/

Turn 1:
The HO MInh CHinh Trail: I move in on base area 816 it only has one defender left.
Base area six twenty nine is raised.
Nort Vietnam: I capture ron, Ben Quang and Hah Tinh. Using mostly conscript troops.
In the internal infairs department i spen most of our gold reducing corruption.

IBT: WE lose on base camp will be retaken. Also arvn dies of disease.

Turn 2: North Vietnam: THe blitz continues into north vetnam as we take Hah Tinh.
Ho minh CHin Trail: I capture base are 627 i don't raze it because it would only yeild
eight prisoners and its already railed to our network.

IBT NTM

Turn 3: We get a spy. :)

Ho Minch Chin Trail; I capture Base area 619 Cutting off The Ho MInh Chin Trail from the
rest of the North Vietnam, or whats left of it.

North Vietnam. I capture Honh Linch, and Ding chan.

INT They capture Khe Sanh

Turn 4:

North Vietnam: I capture Tan Ky and Tuong Duong. (yes actual name.) I also capture Qu'un Lyu
and than Hao

IBT NTM production is sabotaged so i expose his spy next turn.

Turn 5: I expose the enemy spy. Son Linh falls to the invading army. I also attack Luangong and get down to 1 hp on defender.
Nhu Exan and Than Hao also falls to our glorious army. I raze a base area. Buo Ho Su falls.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/101788

Advice to whoever is up next draft greater than ten units every turn. Its the only way to expand.

lurker's comment: Wow! You made quite a bit of progress this set. What is let of NV, anyway?

Sounds like some good :hammer: :ar15:

Roster re-check:

Bede - back on deck
cubsfan aka charlie - gave a :hammer: got a :hammer:
AlCosta - skipped till heard from
wolf_66 - up
Tank_Guy #3 (Lurking)

When I attempt to download the save I get a blank page....:hmm:

I'm sorry but I need to skip this turn. I will be away for job all week...

Sorry again

Back in the cockpit again.

Got it.

Wolf if you want you can switch with me.

lurker's comment: subscription post :)

seems there's been a waiver on the 'thread embargo' :goodjob:

you guys seem to have your hands full.

Bede,
i saw your question regarding how best to use the air transport units. the hueys are for the foot units and the c-130s are for the heavier, non-foot units. later on, you guys'll be able to build the chinooks, too.

i'll try and keep up w/ you guys here and as always, i'm happy to answer any questions re scenario logistics, etc. :cool:

:salute: el Justo, wlecome to our camp. This is a truly wonderful game - thanks for setting it up and doing the mod and all. Some very thoughtful and complete work is evident here - thank you again.

There are a couple of issues as reported in the mod thread having to do with bombardment effectiveness - but moving the aircraft to SV or limiting their sorties to the NV territory seems to alleviate them. That may have something to do with the other behavior reported in the mod thread where Ortha mentioned that the SV AI moved all its Thai based aircraft to SV cities.

Now on to the battle report.

Abandoning the VP at the DMZ in favor of attacking northward led directly to this

The town was recaptured, regarrisoned and a RVN ranger company moved down from the north to lead the recovery of that VP, as well as to support the removal of the VC strongholds along the Highlands border.

Each one of those VP locations represent a VC stronghold, some of them garrisoned with NVA regulars as well as AA and VC rifle companies. Most of them are now in the hands of the Allies with support from arriving Airborne troops and howitzers airlifted back and forth from the North depending on the tactical situation up there.

Clearing the VP locations in the south with Special Forces units recovered from the north was the focus of this round of battles.

With one exception

Ninh Binh was the fountainhead for frequent and numerous incursions from NVA regulars - so the town was burned to prepare for the eventual move against Haiphong and Hanoi. The only casualty was a Buff sent over the town after heavy attacks by fighter bombers to neutralize the air defenses.
I burned the town and returned the prisoners to the VP location at Dong Hai.

The NVA incursions from the north are now but a trickle, and they no longer have a place to hide defended by AA in preparation for the attack

They can't make it in one from the town of Thai Bin and end their move exposed between the two cities. Prime targets for the air force and navy aviators. Mop can be easily accomplished with the armor in the border towns.

In the south SF, Airborne and RVN regulars are clearing the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We now a pretty good mix of forces down there, the only real hold-up is the need to heal up the SF units after they nick the AA defenses in the VC strongpoints.

Keep them moving up the trail until they reach the northern plains NV town now besieged by 105's, infantry and with armor waiting in the wings. Once that mission is accomplished the threat from the VC to the south should be eliminated.

In the interludes of bombing VC bases the air wing has been wipiing out the NV road network. Isolating Hanoi and its western sister cities will assist the assault troops moving to capture Haiphong by limiting the reinforcement possibilities.

I finally figured out the best way to use the helicopter fleet and the airborne troops. Helicopter mounted troops can do a rebase from the coast to an inland city and then make a drop on an objective in a single movement phase. The reach of the Airborne troops from any airfield in SV is quite substantial, so using them to leapfrog the advancing ACAV and howitzers works very nicely. They can block reinforcement routes while the artillery gets into position.

The southernmost remaining HCMT base area should be a priority. The NV have based fighter jets there and they took down two F105's during attacks on a VC base camp to the southeast.

I did not advance at all into NV except in the west. Closing that access to the HCMT should end any new threats to the South, and if the South can hold all the VP locations along the Highlands the VC will no longer have access to the coast.

I think we should increase the turns per set to 12. That should offer two or three reinforcement cycles. The use of the governors has not affected the economy at all, near as I can tell, and has really reduced the turn load. And the only thing stretching out the turn times is the need to run every bombing and bombardment mission by hand and one at a time.

I captured a slew of prisoners and successfully returned all of them so our VP count should be approaching 2050. I started at 2000. NV is a good 1000 points behind in that race.

Roster re-check:

Bede - out Charlie hunting
cubsfan aka charlie - up for some more give and take :hammer:
AlCosta - on deck or skipped unless heard from
wolf_66 - may swap with cf
Tank_Guy #3 (Lurking) - Can I burn a CD and send it to you? You're missing all the fun?

Im here and can play unless wolf wants to.

I will play twelve turns. If you want Bede.

Bede,

awesome report man. you come exactly as advertised by Whomper :thumbsup: and i'll check in periodically to assure that there aren't any questions left unanswered :)

addit- i think Costa is out of town until this weekend...

[/URL][/IMG]

I uploaded an image. Anybody have a better site where i can put it in the post.

Good Morning Vietnam!

Nice work, cubsfan!

I uploaded an image. Anybody have a better site where i can put it in the post.

lurker's comment: When I clicked on your link, it showed 3 types of codes for copying the pic: 1) URL, 2) BB, and 3) HTML. I used the 2nd one, the BB code, to get this. :)

Thanks alot.

I just wanted to see if I could get the giant picture.

Top Bottom