elder scrolls mod development thread

Hey guys, I want to say that I reall, really love this mod! This is the best Elder Scrolls mod I have ever played in any of the Civilization games by far. I really love the time and detail you have all put into it. It mean so much to me, an avid TES lore geek and freak in general.

If there is any lore I can help you with, especially if it deals with the Altmer, I would be honoured to help you all out. I believe I know just about all the lore that is on them that has been written down (there's a lot of obscure stuff too), so I can respond rather quickly :)

I'm having the same problem the other person is in that they aren't have the true start locations. What I'm doing is starting the scenario (that is what you have to do, right?) and selecting my empire (the Altmeri Empire), but I don't end up on Summurset Isle. The last time I tried, I ended up on a random map in a northern climate. Has this been figured out yet?

Just got the time to try out version 20 of the mod. Great update I must say. As it stands on my end, I have never minded in civilization games when a mod does random starts outside of a scenario for the said mod. That is my opinion though.

I think it would be interesting if someone made a mod specific scenario that plotted out all the civilizations (or factions) in there realistic locations on the map. Although I do realize that you would need a dedicated person into this type of lore and what have you, but I also think it would pay off in the long run. I for one would play a scenario like that in a heartbeat.

Best of luck in the future guys!

So, I love the Elder Scrolls games and am a pretty capable modder so I wanted to download this and see how great it is and also check if I could help make it better. But my computer keeps telling me that it was an unsafe file and wouldn't allow me to DL it. In fact it says that it is malware. So I was wondering if there was a way I could download it from somewhere else, or if you could determine why it is considered malware to begin with. Thanks.

Awesome mod, I just wish i could get it to work :(. Do I need BtS or any other expansion?

After doing a (very) quick check on this mod's files, I fail to see anything malwarish in them...

EDIT: checked the Python and the Art folders on VirusTotal. It didn't find any viruses at all.

I don't think there actually is, but something about it is making my computer treat it as such and I am an idiot apparently because I can't figure out how to override this. So I guess what I am asking is if there is an alternative download available for me to use.

Yeah I wonder if the project is still going on or not. It looks very awesome!

But anyway my question is: Since the last patch or something the spawn points of the Civilizations are completely random. I found a XML file with the Spawnpoints of the Civilizations but it looks like the game doesn't reply to that file and sets the spawn points random. How do I fix this? I guess in a python file, right?

Greetings

Hey, just wanted to say that I absolutely love all of the work you put into this mod!

However, I found a bug. Whenever I try to make a Argonian adventurer, the game crashes. What can be done to fix this issue?

Hey guys, just wanted to say you are all amazing for making such a great mod. I've been hoping for a TES mod to eventually come out seeing as how I don't have any skills in regard to modding. lol
I haven't played it yet but the unit skins and leaders look beautiful.

I can help out with the quotes and lore if you need me too. I'll also likely throw out suggestions to all of you that might help the game work better or be more complete.

Some suggestions for later(much later I suspect).
New Civilizations:
The Dwemer
The Ayleid
Akavir Civilizations*
Yokuda Civilizations*
Pyandonea Civilizations*

(*Only if your map has those lands though, the one I have has Yokuda and I think Pyandonea.)

It might also be better if you can implement minor nations or independent nations like in Rhyes&Fall or FFH with their barbarian cities/camps. That way the world can have more starting cities/camps across the world and make it seem more alive I guess.
When I was looking through the threads I noticed you guys haven't really been using the magic system from FFH2 or other useful bits from their game. Why is that?

Some Scenarios after the main Mod itself is finished.
Rise of Tiber Septim.
(Basically a scenario where you play as one of the civilizations during the years when Tiber Septim rose to power.)
Fall of the Empire
(Set just before the Great War and a little before Skyrim. Maybe have an event where Alduin and his dragons show up?)
Elder Scrolls Online setting
(With friendly but not allied civilizations representing the three factions?)

Anyway, sorry if that sounded like a rant. I'll help whenever I can, just throw me at something and I will do my best. :)
I'll post my opinions of the actual Mod gameplay once I finish downloading it.

Edit: Actually why haven't you guys been posting after March? Did the Mod die out?

How about having Ysgramor as an alternative Nord leader? And how about St. Alessia as an alternative Imperial leader? Or even Uriel Septim VII?

Heck, with Uriel and Alessia, I think you could instead offer Tiber Septim as either a Nord or Breton leader (since it's debated whether Tiber Septim was either race).

Also, what would the traits for each leader be? And their starting techs?

I would imagine that the Dunmer would start out with Bronze Working (since the Dunmer are slaveowners), but then again... aren't starting techs supposed to only be among the six techs that don't have prerequisite technologies? How do you plan on getting around that? Are you going to change slavery so that it's unlocked with mining rather than BW?

Furthermore, no doubt, the Bosmer are going to start out with hunting as a tech (giving them early access to archery), but what else? Animal husbandry? Isn't that ALSO a tech that has a prerequisite.

While we're on the topic of the Bosmer, would bronze- and iron-working be off limits to them? Because... ya know.. the Green Pact and all that.

And the Altmer... surely they'll start out with fishing, giving that they're an island folk. But... what after that? The Altmer are mages, first and foremost, and magic doesn't exist in Civilization IV (unless you count religion), so what will be their starting tech?

Then, there's the traits. There's only a few races I can find good matches for.

The Nords will be aggressive (because of their love for battle) and creative (because Bards are an important part of their culture). The second Nord leader could be aggressive and philosophical (improving their "great person" birth rate, e.g. increasing the number of people who gets songs and poems written about them). Their starting techs could be hunting and fishing (giving them quick access to a military and navy, while at the same time, giving them semi-quick access to pottery, which is a prerequisite to the drama and music that is central to the Nord culture).

Then, the Orcs should be aggressive and spiritual (spiritual because the strongholds are theocracies that worship Malacath). Starting techs: Mining and hunting. The hunting will give immediate access to their unique unit: The Wanderer, a replacement for the Scout, who has two strength instead of one, can actually attack other units, and still has the movement of two and the ability to always get good results from tribal villages. This would replicate the Orc history of having to be wanderers after Trinimac was devoured.

Imperials are another easy one: Financial and organized (giving them lots of money to run a vast empire, and the skills needed to run it efficiently). Starting techs: Mysticism and Agriculture, with Mysticism complimenting how they were liberated at the hands of Akatosh and St. Alessia, and Agriculture complimenting the rich, fertile, and diverse soil and plantlife found in Cyrodiil.

But that's really all I can think of that would provide good matches for them.

In any event, I'm excited to see how this is progressing. Keep it up!

I'm having the same problem the other person is in that they aren't have the true start locations. What I'm doing is starting the scenario (that is what you have to do, right?) and selecting my empire (the Altmeri Empire), but I don't end up on Summurset Isle. The last time I tried, I ended up on a random map in a northern climate. Has this been figured out yet?

But anyway my question is: Since the last patch or something the spawn points of the Civilizations are completely random. I found a XML file with the Spawnpoints of the Civilizations but it looks like the game doesn't reply to that file and sets the spawn points random. How do I fix this? I guess in a python file, right?

Greetings
are you starting like this?

load the mod -> play custom scenario -> tamriel9

It supposed to load the correct locations, though if it doesn't, I'm not sure I remember anything at all here...

I can help out with the quotes and lore if you need me too.

I'd be glad...

Edit: Actually why haven't you guys been posting after March? Did the Mod die out?

I hope it didn't :p

I would imagine that the Dunmer would start out with Bronze Working (since the Dunmer are slaveowners), but then again... aren't starting techs supposed to only be among the six techs that don't have prerequisite technologies? How do you plan on getting around that? Are you going to change slavery so that it's unlocked with mining rather than BW?

Furthermore, no doubt, the Bosmer are going to start out with hunting as a tech (giving them early access to archery), but what else? Animal husbandry? Isn't that ALSO a tech that has a prerequisite.

While we're on the topic of the Bosmer, would bronze- and iron-working be off limits to them? Because... ya know.. the Green Pact and all that.

And the Altmer... surely they'll start out with fishing, giving that they're an island folk. But... what after that? The Altmer are mages, first and foremost, and magic doesn't exist in Civilization IV (unless you count religion), so what will be their starting tech?

Then, there's the traits. There's only a few races I can find good matches for.

The Nords will be aggressive (because of their love for battle) and creative (because Bards are an important part of their culture). The second Nord leader could be aggressive and philosophical (improving their "great person" birth rate, e.g. increasing the number of people who gets songs and poems written about them). Their starting techs could be hunting and fishing (giving them quick access to a military and navy, while at the same time, giving them semi-quick access to pottery, which is a prerequisite to the drama and music that is central to the Nord culture).

Then, the Orcs should be aggressive and spiritual (spiritual because the strongholds are theocracies that worship Malacath). Starting techs: Mining and hunting. The hunting will give immediate access to their unique unit: The Wanderer, a replacement for the Scout, who has two strength instead of one, can actually attack other units, and still has the movement of two and the ability to always get good results from tribal villages. This would replicate the Orc history of having to be wanderers after Trinimac was devoured.

Imperials are another easy one: Financial and organized (giving them lots of money to run a vast empire, and the skills needed to run it efficiently). Starting techs: Mysticism and Agriculture, with Mysticism complimenting how they were liberated at the hands of Akatosh and St. Alessia, and Agriculture complimenting the rich, fertile, and diverse soil and plantlife found in Cyrodiil.

Most of these things have already long been addressed, just play the mod to find out :)
bosmer can't chop, traits are completely different, etc.

Thanks to the author for the wonderful mod. But I have a question about the map: why start location always random? Perhaps file Tamriel9_StartingPoints.xml out of place? Or map does not know about this file? I mean how get "canonical" start location?

Hello , I was wondering if someone or the author himself could re-upload the mod somewhere since atomicgamer went down. Or, perhaps the mod is still going under development.

Thank you

Sorry to bump this long dead thread, but does anyone have a copy of this mod on their hard drive? The officially uploaded version doesn't exist any more due to the demise of Atomic Gamer.

Top Bottom