• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Elves able to clear jungle without sanitation

Alzara

Emperor
Is this intentional? Also I've heard that you can't clear forests as an elf. Although I haven't tried, I'm wondering if this is true also?

Al

Lol it is a bit. But seriously, is this a bug or intentional (the chopping forests without sanitation thing)?

Al

I have a hard time seeing how it could be a bug...

Elven workers have a bunch of extra abilities (early jungle clearing, building improvements on forests) but are balanced out by doing every task at 80% speed.

Of course, the abilities are civ specific, not unit specific, and the malus is unit specific. Nothing beats Mud Golems captured by an elven civ.

Ahh I c. How do u guys know all this? LOL I learn something new all the time that isn't written in manuals etc. Is there anywhere that has all of this comprehensive information?

Thanks

Al

I have a fairly comprehensive list under "Unit & Civ Reference Charts" in my sig. Check it out. But really, check out the entire sig, it is meant for new people to figure things out, so nothing is really useless that is linked.

Elves with guardians of nature just KO everything else in game... farms with ancient forests are good, mines with ancient forests are good and cottages(towns) with ancient forest are just awesome.. my cities are size 20+ and everyone else is just 6-9 after 100-150 turns...

Yeah. 3 food 1 hammer 6 coin on every tile with no happiness issues ever, so you can work every tile in the fat cross is pretty ridiculous.

I don't see why Elves should have any particular benefit from/with Jungles over other civs (as they indeed have now).

The problem is the way that the 'ignore features' ability of elves is coded - it doesn't distinguish between the various types of features at all.

Well, i'm playing ljosalfar actually and i can't clean jungles, even with slaves and sanitation...
My slaves are spending 8 turns chopping the jungle and then, the jungle is still here.....................................
Am i missing something?
Thanks for help

Yeah, if this is the bug I remember, then the game only forgets to black out the "Clear Jungle" button - the elven worker will spend the eight turns, but won't actually be able to clear the jungle.

You might want to consider burning them, too (fire I spell). When the fire runs out on its own, a burnt forest appears -> new forest -> forest -> (with FoL) ancient forest. Buiding improvements into burnt & new forests is quicker than on forests, and can be done by all civs (bug). Note: putting out fires with the spring spell inhibits the forresting process (bug, also reported in the bug thread a while ago but no changes made AFAIK)

Top Bottom