Emergent Leaders - How do they work?

Castaras

Chieftain
Got back into Ashes of Erebus recently, and was pleasantly surprised by Emergent Leaders now working... however, I'm not entirely sure *how* they work.

I've played Naxus and Veinhunter for short amounts of time, and got xp towards level 2 traits for Naxus for some unknown reason, and Veinhunter was getting experience through building dwarven mines and founding Kilmorph's religion (I think?). But I can't find anything anywhere that explains this nor gives a list on how to upgrade traits.

Pointers to where I can find this information would be appreciated. Thanks!

You were right for veinhunter ^^ . The idea is that each of the emergent leaders gain xp from lore-appropriate actions. If you're playing naxus, you should investe in Death Mana, if you're playing Reorx, you should start mining ^^.

the exact list of actions is not something i have released yet, partly because it's still in flux ( balance-wise), and partly because i'm tempted to leave a bit of mystery to it to allow players to experiment a bit.

You were right for veinhunter ^^ . The idea is that each of the emergent leaders gain xp from lore-appropriate actions. If you're playing naxus, you should investe in Death Mana, if you're playing Reorx, you should start mining ^^.

Cool, useful to know.

the exact list of actions is not something i have released yet, partly because it's still in flux ( balance-wise), and partly because i'm tempted to leave a bit of mystery to it to allow players to experiment a bit.

I dunno about other people but I'd honestly much prefer having the information visibly available and complete. Makes it easier for testing with regards balance, and would mean that I feel more interested in trying out the emergent leaders. As it is, the only information visible is that they have a leveling trait that starts off pretty terrible. Even some information on what the trait evolves into would be good as an incentive to try out the other leaders.

That part is available in the pedia ^^ You'll see the effects of the three levels of the traits. There's also a general hint of the kind of actions you should take, just no specifics yet

Last edited:
Top Bottom