Emperor SG?

madviking

north american scum
With school winding down (only got two finals left, end of June; manageable eh?) and me playing more civ than ever (and consequently becoming more bored than ever :lol: ), I've decided to get my feet wet again into SG gameplay. However, I don't see any RaR SG's (about half of my games are RaR) active at the moment. So I propose these settings (FYI I'm a decent Monarch player...but it's just I never finish a lot of games since I know I'll win them, or, I'm too lazy to finish them (e.g. preparing a D-Day invasion fleet, etc)):

ITS AN EMPEROR NON OSCILLATING WAR!!!

- madv

Civ: TBD :lol:
Diff: Emperor
Land/Water: TBD
Arid/Temp/Age: TBD
Barbs: Lower end of the scale
Size: Large or Huge
Variants: None

I don't know enough about RaR to play it.

Maybe a demonstation game, like CCM - An introduction to a great mod, followed by an SG, might be the way to go. Then you could explain about RaR as you play it.

You probably know it CBOB, it is Rise and Rule mod. I have never played, but I know THeRat has had several SG's for it.

Actually, we did have one great RaR Sid game and one, but that game wasn't without some quarrles within the team if I recall correctly.
It was a nice game though

Let me find it:

RAR Sid

I'll look for some of the RaR SGs.

At one time, several years ago, I did look at RaR. Not very deeply, though. And what I saw reminded me of a real time strategy game I downloaded the demo of (Age of Empires?). And what I disliked about that game (aside from the clock ticking in the background) was the minor upgrades in the technology.

For instance, in C3C, the upgrades are pretty broad. Swords to Maces, Maces to Muskets, Muskets to Rifles. In this game, the upgrades were smaller. Maces did not upgrade as in C3C. Instead, the upgrades were to better armor, better helmets, better weapons for the Maces. I did not care for that kind of detail.

And what I saw in RaR when I looked at it, reminded me of that. And I wasn't willing to learn anymore.

In the RaR games we have here, are there one or two that explain what is different and how that affects the game?

I am. What variant would you try? I wouldn't mind a NOW game (non-oscillating war).

Portugal has some value, though they are pretty low on the totem pole. Random sounds fine to me.

[Joins the Lurkers Gallery]

:hide:

Sounds like good settings, though pangaea might be "easier", as you can meet everyone and get to them in the right order. Doing a transoceanic war could be painful as a republic with few luxes, whereas a land war can grab the luxes immediately.

lurker's comment: I'm looking forward to this game so I am signing in as lurker

I love these things. :lol: :popcorn:

Possible starts:

1, Ottomans, continents:

Pros: Wheat, sprices, Sipahi
Cons: Probably have to move before settling

2, Japan, continents

Pros: decent food, good UU
Cons: Dry start

3, Hittites, pangaea

Pros: Three plains cows (two hidden in FOW)
Cons: Cruddy UU, expansionist

4, England, pangaea

Pros: Settler factory
Cons: Seafaring on a pangaea map

Attachments

• emperor_1.SAV
    62.3 KB · Views: 199
  • emperor_2.SAV
    62.5 KB · Views: 222
  • emperor_3.SAV
    61 KB · Views: 197
  • emporer_4.SAV
    60.8 KB · Views: 220
lurkers comment: I'm liking the Ottomans. ;)

Top Bottom