End of Espionage

To use this mod you need to load it like you would load most other mods and then you also need to check the No Espionage box when you start the game.

To load a mod, from the main menu go to Advanced -> Load a mod -> (name of mod)

If the mod is loaded correctly, it should show its name up in the corner of the screen at the title (main menu) screen.

aaaahhhh... Total noob mistake... My first mod was BUG, and that works differently clearly... So this is kinda like my first mod...
anyway, I do see it in load a mod, and I loaded, then I started a game, and I get an error...
BugInit - cannot find xml for mod init
Sounds like it isn't compatible with the BUG mod or something...

DK

That's probably right.

To remove the issue you can empty your customassets folder, located at

C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\customassets

That is where BUG installs itself unless you choose the Multiplayer version of the install.

If the mod still doesn't work after that, let me know.

ug...I like the bug mod too much to remove it. :( So I guess I am just stuck with either bad espionage, or the poor implementation of "no espionage"
thanks for the help and the education though...

DK

I'm looking to use this mod, but in the interest of dotting i's and crossing t's, I was wondering if anyone knows what happens to events when the no espionage option is checked, as this mod doesn't seem to change them? There are several Espionage-centric events (e.g. the Airliner Crash), but also some events that grant Espionage as a choice for one benefit (e.g. Crisis in the Senate). What happens to them?

Top Bottom