Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I have this installed and it seems to be working, but the little icons in the city screen on the tiles such as gold and science and so on all show up as food in apparently the correct amounts.

Is this something that is being fixed? :confused: I don't have any other mods that affect this city screen, so that's probably not it.

I don't have a picture but it is pretty much self explanatory.

I have this installed and it seems to be working, but the little icons in the city screen on the tiles such as gold and science and so on all show up as food in apparently the correct amounts.

Is this something that is being fixed? :confused: I don't have any other mods that affect this city screen, so that's probably not it.

I don't have a picture but it is pretty much self explanatory.
A screenshot would be good, because I don't know which tiles only exist in the city screen.

The yields from the tiles exist even outside of the city screen. And a known issue, also described in the mod compatibilty is:
Please also note that you need to delete YieldIconManager.lua and YieldIconManager.xml from Community Patch (or any other mod using "DLL - Various Mod Components") whenever using with EUI (otherwise every tile yield icon is the little :c5food: apple food icon)

A screenshot would be good, because I don't know which tiles only exist in the city screen.

The yields from the tiles exist even outside of the city screen. And a known issue, also described in the mod compatibilty is:
Please also note that you need to delete YieldIconManager.lua and YieldIconManager.xml from Community Patch (or any other mod using "DLL - Various Mod Components") whenever using with EUI (otherwise every tile yield icon is the little :c5food: apple food icon)

I have figured this out (I think) I have another mod that has a conflict (Communitas AI & Tools, or possibly another one called DLL Components from WHoward) They are both in conflict with each other and yours.

So I have reset everything with using WHowards by itself since It Has been working from the beginning without a hitch.

I do not have a pic so about all I can tell you is that the little icons of apples was ALL I was seeing inside the city screen, instead of having apples hammers gold or science icons showing up accordingly.

Thanks!

Game version: 1.0.3.274
Expansions: All
Mods: None
Problem: Tooltips for buildings and wonders only show an error message and no information on the building or wonder. All other tooltips are not affected.
Screenshot: Attached
Lua.log: Attached

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 14.18.14.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 14.18.14.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Lua.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 158
I have figured this out (I think) I have another mod that has a conflict (Communitas AI & Tools, or possibly another one called DLL Components from WHoward) They are both in conflict with each other and yours.

So I have reset everything with using WHowards by itself since It Has been working from the beginning without a hitch.

I do not have a pic so about all I can tell you is that the little icons of apples was ALL I was seeing inside the city screen, instead of having apples hammers gold or science icons showing up accordingly.
Thanks!

So you solved the problem? How?

Game version: 1.0.3.274
Expansions: All
Mods: None
Problem: Tooltips for buildings and wonders only show an error message and no information on the building or wonder. All other tooltips are not affected.
Screenshot: Attached
Lua.log: Attached

Thanks.
My guess would be, that the method mentioned at your screenshot does not work in your game version...

Unfortunately your lua.log contains no error.
The lua.log is from your latest game. Did you hover in this game the mouse over a building to provoke this error? Only if you provke the error, it will appear in the lua.log.

And GetBuildingInvestment does not seem to exist in EUI_tooltips.lua ... are you using the latest version from EUI 1.26 ?

OK I have it happening again... So I finally got a Screenie.. If I can get the screen to upload here...

I will go delete those files and get back here then.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 204
I still have the food icons in the city screen even after removing the two files mentioned.

Oh well...

It was a nice try...:)

I just deleted the two files for the other DLL mod from Whoward and it worked apparently. At least the icons are back to normal now I'll try it over some playing to see if other stuff was broken in this fix....

Thanks Guys!

I still have the food icons in the city screen even after removing the two files mentioned.

Oh well...

It was a nice try...:)

I just deleted the two files for the other DLL mod from Whoward and it worked apparently. At least the icons are back to normal now I'll try it over some playing to see if other stuff was broken in this fix....

Thanks Guys!
Ah, you have deactivated the yields outside of your city. That was the thing that confused me. In fact, all yields, also outside your city are affected by this, you just don't see it. (can be set next to the minimap)
But yes, if you delete all yieldiconmanager files, except the one from EUI, then it should work :)

Quick question:
Is it possible to remove the unit and city lists on the left edge of the sreen without removing the other unit panel features?

So is the stuck tooltip fixed now or what?

Hi again.

May I suggest an idea for a future version of EUI?

I think it would be great if the city screen icons for locked tiles and for tiles worked by the governor had different colors. At the moment, both of them are green. If for example the icon for governor-worked tiles was blue or red instead, it would be easier to spot new citizens and to make sure that your cities work the best tiles available.
Here is a screenshot for clarification on what icons I am talking about:
http://imgur.com/sUFRWcJ

So would it be possible to change the color of one of the icons?

Greetings,
Quappas.

Hi again.

May I suggest an idea for a future version of EUI?

I think it would be great if the city screen icons for locked tiles and for tiles worked by the governor had different colors. At the moment, both of them are green. If for example the icon for governor-worked tiles was blue or red instead, it would be easier to spot new citizens and to make sure that your cities work the best tiles available.
Here is a screenshot for clarification on what icons I am talking about:

So would it be possible to change the color of one of the icons?

Greetings,
Quappas.
(I finished all editing now :D)

What kind of color do you want? With editing the cityscreen.lua you can just edging the tiles like this:
Screenshot
Spoiler :

If you want the same style like the the other tiles, you also have to add it to highlights.xml file.
In this xml are styles set by bc1. the problem is that the color set there is fixed. that's why you would have to make a new entry there, if you want another color. Without editing highlights.xml, you can only edging the tiles with any color.

What to do?:
In both cases you have to edit the CityView.lua, found in the CityView directory from UI_bc1.
Go to line ~ 1359. There is the code we are looking for. It should look like this:
Spoiler :
Code:
				if city:IsWorkingPlot( plot ) then

-- The city itself
					if cityPlotIndex == 0 then
						iconID = 11
						tipKey = "TXT_KEY_CITYVIEW_CITY_CENTER"

-- FORCED worked plot
					elseif city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
						iconID = 10
						tipKey = "TXT_KEY_CITYVIEW_FORCED_WORK_TILE"

-- AI-picked worked plot
					else
						iconID = 0
						tipKey = "TXT_KEY_CITYVIEW_GUVNA_WORK_TILE"
					end
					if notInStrategicView then
						Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedFill" )
						Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedOutline" )
					end

For just colouring the borders from each tile, change it to this:

Spoiler :
Code:

-- The city itself
						iconID = 11

-- FORCED worked plot
						iconID = 10

-- AI-picked worked plot
					else
						iconID = 0
					end
                        if city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, Vector4( 0.7, 0, 0, 1 )) -- red color
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, Vector4( 0.7, 0, 0, 1 ))
                        else
                        end
					end
to be able to use the command "Vector4", you also have to add
Code:
include("FLuaVector")
in the beginning of the script, were the other things are included, around line 34.
In this code I used Vector4(0.7,0,0,1) which is the color red. You can also try some other combinations for different colors. Some working combinations can be found here:
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Events.SerialEventHexHighlight_(Civ5_API)
I think you also have to add your new color change to the clearing system at line 1319. I think it should be something like:
Code:
Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , false, Vector4( 0.7, 0, 0, 1 ))
(But you should write it somewhre, after the variable "hexPos" is defined. So maybe in line 1358 ... not tested)

If you want the same style and edit the highlights.xml, then open the highlights.xml file, that can be found in UI_bc1/Core.
Now simply copy paste the exisiting two "Worked" entries and add something like this:
Code:
    <style name="WorkedFillLocked" type="FilledHex" width ="1" color="255,0,0,50" />
	<style name="WorkedOutlineLocked" type="SplineBorder" width ="7" texture="hex_contour1.dds" color="255,0,0,164" />
The numbers in color="R,G,B,I" are Red, Green, Blue, Intensity. With the combination above it would be red. Just choose the color you prefer.

Now that we have new highlight styles named WorkedFillLocked and WorkedOutlineLocked, you can add them in the CityView.lua.
For that we don't need the Vector4, so we also don't need the including FluaVector thing.
Screenshot:
Spoiler :

The code would be:

Spoiler :
Code:

-- The city itself
						iconID = 11

-- FORCED worked plot
						iconID = 10

-- AI-picked worked plot
					else
						iconID = 0
					end
                        if city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedFillLocked") 
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedOutlineLocked")
                        else
                        end
					end

Ah I forgot:
Of course you have to add your new style also to the clearing system in line 1319 in CityView.lua!
Code:
Events.ClearHexHighlightStyle( "WorkedFillLocked" )
Events.ClearHexHighlightStyle( "WorkedOutlineLocked" )

So is the stuck tooltip fixed now or what?
I think no.
Someone needs to find out what is causing it...
@Mustakrakish and all who have this bug:
Is there an error in your lua.log when this happens?
Or do you know a way to reproduce the bug? Because on my laptop I've never seen this bug.

^ That looks like a bit more work than unchecking stuff in the options menu, but I will try it out later. :D
Edit: Can I change the color of the AI worked hexes as well? I would like the AI worked hexes to be red and the force worked hexes to be green if thats possible. And is it possible to change the color of the icons? Is there an image file somewhere that I can edit with paint for example, to get red citizen head icons and whatever color lock icons for example?

While I am working on the edging, is there now a way to rearrange the PlotHelp tool tip box that appears when i hover over a hex, so that it is not tied to the courser anymore? I would prefer the box in the corner of the screen instead, somewhere next to the minimap, where the terrain info is displayed in the vanilla game iirc. (http://imgur.com/uhnkyaT.jpg) I asked this a while ago, but apparently no one knew how to do it...

That looks like a bit more work than unchecking stuff in the options menu, but I will try it out later. :D
Edit: Can I change the color of the AI worked hexes as well? I would like the AI worked hexes to be red and the force worked hexes to be green if thats possible.
The code I posted is easy to read ;) You see the comments that starts with "--".
There you see, that we can identify the city itself, the locked plots, and the AI worked plots. So if you want to change the color from the AI worked plots instead, just change
Spoiler :
Code:
                        [B]if city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then[/B]
                        else
                        end
to
Spoiler :
Code:
                        [B]if not cityPlotIndex == 0 and not city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then[/B]
                        else
                        end
And is it possible to change the color of the icons? Is there an image file somewhere that I can edit with paint for example, to get red citizen head icons and whatever color lock icons for example?
Most icon files, like the one that has this locked symbol, are packed. So you need to unpack them first. You can find them in Ressource/DX9 from your game folder.
The icon we are looking for is in the file citizenicons180.dds. This dds file can be found in UITextures.fpk in that DX9 folder. You can unpack the fpk file with the "Dragon unpacker" you can find here: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ5_Useful_Programs. After unpacking the one dds file, you can edit it with Paint net.
I did this for you already. You can download the dds file with the red "locked icon" here:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10760749/citizenicons180.dds.html
Simply copy it somewhere into the UI_bc1 folder, and it will be used instead of the original file.

While I am working on the edging,
My advise would be, to do it with the highligts.xml file... it looks better and I tested the clearing thing ^^
is there now a way to rearrange the PlotHelp tool tip box that appears when i hover over a hex, so that it is not tied to the courser anymore? I would prefer the box in the corner of the screen instead, somewhere next to the minimap, where the terrain info is displayed in the vanilla game iirc. (http://imgur.com/uhnkyaT.jpg) I asked this a while ago, but apparently no one knew how to do it...

I see in your screenshot, that the commands for your units are in top of the unit panel. Are you not using the newest version or did you already changed something in the Unitpanel?
Anyway, I don't know how much work it would be to change the Tooltip box... I will see if I find the code that does it and if I'm able to change this...

I see in your screenshot, that the commands for your units are in top of the unit panel. Are you not using the newest version or did you already changed something in the Unitpanel?
Anyway, I don't know how much work it would be to change the Tooltip box... I will see if I find the code that does it and if I'm able to change this...
I am using the newest version, this was just an old screenshot.

Thanks for all the help, I'll report back after I got everything to work. :)

I am using the newest version, this was just an old screenshot.

Thanks for all the help, I'll report back after I got everything to work. :)

okay ;)

I took a quick look at the Tooltip thing... the problem is I have absolut no experience with those textboxes. I don't know how to change anything with those and do not have the time to learn everything about it =/

So no, I'm not able to change position of the text boxes.
But if someone has a lua.log with an error in it, can try to solve the "stucked tooltip" bug.

Top Bottom