Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Regarding the latest version,I actually don't want to automatically close production window or tech window from quick access,could you include them as options in the menu next time?
Also,could you set the large current research icon on the top left corner to always open?The default is that it is closed at the beginning.

Regarding the latest version,I actually don't want to automatically close production window or tech window from quick access,could you include them as options in the menu next time?
Also,could you set the large current research icon on the top left corner to always open?The default is that it is closed at the beginning.

It only auto closes when you select by way of the prompt. If you click on the city itself (including by way of the city ribbon) or click on your tech tree, you won't get the auto close.

Regarding your 2nd item, I very much love the fact that it stays closed. I play with the "large" version of the UI. While the numbers and text are great, I really dislike the size of the unit and current tech graphics (talking default game here).

Apologies if this was asked before, but I don't understand the site's search function one bit...

So, does anyone know how to revert the tooltips back to vanilla but keep the pre-game tooltips and right-click-to-civilopedia functions?

This is kinda the reason I kept installing and uninstalling EUI for so many times:crazyeye:
Got used to almost all other wonderful features of EUI after these years, just somehow not the tooltips...
Thanks in advance;)

Apologies if this was asked before, but I don't understand the site's search function one bit...

So, does anyone know how to revert the tooltips back to vanilla but keep the pre-game tooltips and right-click-to-civilopedia functions?

This is kinda the reason I kept installing and uninstalling EUI for so many times:crazyeye:
Got used to almost all other wonderful features of EUI after these years, just somehow not the tooltips...
Thanks in advance;)
the easiest thing would be to diable the EUI tooltips. bc1 stated it is described in the OP.
I don't know if this will also remove the pre-game tooltips. Try it.

This is absolutely maddening! I always want to queue multiple techs to save time and there is no instance where auto-closing is ever helpful to me.

OMG, since when does EUI designate the origin of Workers?

Spoiler :

I've always named my workers after where they come from. Apparently, now I don't have to! Though I have a question/request. Currently, I have to mouse over a tile a worker is standing on to determine their origin. Is it possible to make this info more accessible? Perhaps by renaming it to its origin like so?

Spoiler :

the easiest thing would be to diable the EUI tooltips. bc1 stated it is described in the OP.
I don't know if this will also remove the pre-game tooltips. Try it.

Thanks for the quick reply! Serp

Actually, that's the first thing I did. And it didn't work.
As bc1 stated in the mod's feature list, removing Tooltips folder should disable all three features below.
1. ToolTips: when setting up a game, there are mouse over tooltips for unique civilization units and buildings - when you need them most
2. ToolTips: in-game mouse over tooltips for units and buildings provide more info, all based on game XML data (reflecting changes made by mods)
3. ToolTips: show the current active Pantheon/Religion beliefs & effects when mousing over the city banner Faith icon
But in fact, removing the folder only disable the third feature. Not all of them.
And all I want is the first feature, nothing more.

After having a look of the files I believe the first two features are supposed to be controlled by Core\EUI_tooltips.lua. But man that's a pretty big file:cringe:
For someone knows almost nothing about LUA, trying to change it myself is definitely gonna be nightmare...

Tested and stuck tooltip bug fixed. Thank you.
Great news ! I was afraid this one would take some time to fix...
OMG, since when does EUI designate the origin of Workers?
Spoiler :
It's been that way for ages
As bc1 stated in the mod's feature list, removing Tooltips folder should disable all three features below.

But in fact, removing the folder only disable the third feature. Not all of them.
And all I want is the first feature, nothing more.

After having a look of the files I believe the first two features are supposed to be controlled by Core\EUI_tooltips.lua. But man that's a pretty big file:cringe:
For someone knows almost nothing about LUA, trying to change it myself is definitely gonna be nightmare...
If all you want from EUI are the pregame toolTips "when setting up a game, there are mouse over tooltips for unique civilization units and buildings - when you need them most", you need to remove all UI_bc1 subfolders except GameSetup, Core and Art* (Core and Art* are required for anything in EUI to work at all)

Ummm... Why does the new update is not compatible with InfoAddict?
(Just curious)

Ummm... Why does the new update is not compatible with InfoAddict?
(Just curious)
InfoAddict should have registered itself as a DiplomacyUIAddin, instead it hacks its way in. Since EUI v1.27 has redesigned LeaderHead, the hack no longer works, unless EUI's LeaderHead module is removed.

If all you want from EUI are the pregame toolTips "when setting up a game, there are mouse over tooltips for unique civilization units and buildings - when you need them most", you need to remove all UI_bc1 subfolders except GameSetup, Core and Art* (Core and Art* are required for anything in EUI to work at all)

Oh, that's not what I meant.
I use a lot of EUI's other modules like the new panels and city view. Just can't get used to the extended tooltip style.
I'm pretty familiar with the game by now. And in my language, the vanilla tooltips are already clear and infomative enough for me.
The extended tooltips everywhere in the game with infos I already know just hurt my eyes.

So, basically, what I meant is "All I want from EUI's tooltips module are the pregame tooltips and right-click-to-civilopedia features. Nothing more of this module."

That shouldn't be very hard to do, right?:lol:
I donno. As I said, I had very limited knowledge about LUA...
Thanks for the reply anyway!

Oh, that's not what I meant.
I use a lot of EUI's other modules like the new panels and city view. Just can't get used to the extended tooltip style.
I'm pretty familiar with the game by now. And in my language, the vanilla tooltips are already clear and infomative enough for me.
The extended tooltips everywhere in the game with infos I already know just hurt my eyes.

So, basically, what I meant is "All I want from EUI's tooltips module are the pregame tooltips and right-click-to-civilopedia features. Nothing more of this module."

That shouldn't be very hard to do, right?:lol:
I donno. As I said, I had very limited knowledge about LUA...
Thanks for the reply anyway!
in that case your only sensible option is to check No Basic Tooltip Help. The ToolTip module is actually vestigial, tooltips are now embedded in each EUI module for caching/performance/ease of coding. Good luck changing that :lol:

@Serp: Sorry if this is better served as a PM. I thought others might benefit from the info though. With regards to tweaking EUI that you talk about towards the bottom of this page on onto the next page or two:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263&page=92

I'd like to improve upon my improvement one more time. I've started to dabble in domination and I've noticed that in puppeted cities, every citizen is considered unlocked with no way to change this. Which is fine. However, if there's a way to exclude puppeted city tiles? Basically, my changes thus far include the following. I had added the following lines to Core/highlights.xml
Code:
<style name="UnlockedFill" type="FilledHex" width ="1" color="255,0,255,75" />
<style name="UnlockedOutline" type="SplineBorder" width ="7" texture="hex_contour1.dds" color="255,0,255,164" />
In CityBanners/CityBannerManage.lua I added first code block below and changed 2nd to 3rd
Spoiler :
Code:
Events.ClearHexHighlightStyle( "UnlockedFill" )
Events.ClearHexHighlightStyle( "UnlockedOutline" )
Code:
if plot then
						local hexPos = ToHexFromGrid{ x=plot:GetX(), y=plot:GetY() }
						if city:IsWorkingPlot( plot ) then
							Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedFill" )
							Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedOutline" )
						end
Code:
if plot then
						local hexPos = ToHexFromGrid{ x=plot:GetX(), y=plot:GetY() }
						if city:IsWorkingPlot( plot ) then
                        if plot:IsCity() or city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
                        else
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "UnlockedFill") 
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "UnlockedOutline")
	end
						end
Finally, in CityView/CityView.lua, I added the first code block and replaced the 2nd with the 3rd:
Spoiler :
Code:
Events.ClearHexHighlightStyle( "UnlockedFill" )
Events.ClearHexHighlightStyle( "UnlockedOutline" )
Code:
if notInStrategicView then
					end
Code:
if notInStrategicView then
                        if plot:IsCity() or city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
                        else
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "UnlockedFill") 
                            Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "UnlockedOutline")
	end
					end
Is there another if check or AND argument I could include that would exclude all tiles that are in a puppeted city? You can see the results of what I did here if a visual aide is helpful:

https://youtu.be/B7yYQG3jjmY

You'll notice I give you and bc1 full credit of course.

I have a question and request if possible. This may be out of your doing, but UI is your stuff bc1. Is there any way to lengthen (dynamically or by hand) the tech bubble size? If there are too many items in a bubble, there are massive texture glitches and it can ruin the game. I've started running P&S and ECE and I cannot include any mods that add new wonders or improvements or just additional buildings.

From what I can tell, this was hardcoded. But through your magic, can you mod it so that either the bubble size is increased or so that when textures are pushed out of the bubbles, it doesn't mess everything up?

Thanks

In addition:

I get a bug and an error a lot.

Bug: Depending on what I have enabled, if a a tech bubble has more then 6 things in it, it freaks out:

2015-08-22_00010.jpg

Do you have any idea what is causing this?

Error: Sometimes an error message pops stating that a font texture will not load. This is what usually happens:

2015-08-22_00002.jpg

2015-08-22_00004.jpg

Any ideas again?

I should mention I have a ton of mods installed. The recent addition of Piety and ExCE has started this mass freakout.

https://youtu.be/B7yYQG3jjmY
You'll notice I give you and bc1 full credit of course.
thank you :)

Is there another if check or AND argument I could include that would exclude all tiles that are in a puppeted city?
of course ;) You should take a look at this website:
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=Lua_and_UI_Reference
scroll down to "Objects". There you have a list of the most important functions for modding civ.
Now choose "City". You can see all functions, that deal with cities.
If you search for "puppet", you will find the function:
City:IsPuppet()
So you can use this ;)

in your code you used "city" instead of "City", so you have to adjust the function to city:IsPuppet().

I think you know how to add another if condition. If not let me know and I will write the code.

In addition:

I get a bug and an error a lot.

Bug: Depending on what I have enabled, if a a tech bubble has more then 6 things in it, it freaks out:

View attachment 397493

If the behavior of EUI did not changed from 1.26 to 1.27, this is not caused by EUI alone. In my modpack wit EUI 1.26 are also techs with more than 6 things. The 7th and 8th item are just not shown.
So I guess this is also because of the combination of several mods.

The only way to solve those issues, is to find out the files causing it. It's very likely, that you have two or more files with the same name installed. Find them, and ask the creators how to make those files compatbile (or do it on your own).

I don't know if it is possible to make the bubbles bigger. But if it is possible, I think it would be done in the xml files of techtree.

Top Bottom