Ethnic Civ5 Units Creation

coffee junkie

Tech Hippie
Hello :)

I'm not interested anymore by creating civ4 units. I made a lot, from ancient to modern, for almost all civilizations but now, I only play Civ5 ( Campaign Edition on Mac ) so modding is not possible.

The only stuff which could interest me is to work on the ONLY graphic part and so, to collaborate with someone who interested to create great civ5 units ( a PC player/modder I suppose :) )

So, if someone wants to mod with me, I'll be glad :)

THANKS TO ALL

:coffee:

I'd love to have some unique units! Let me know if any of the following interests you:

Zapotec Battle Priest (using Missionary animations):

Spoiler :

He's the middle dude with the severed head in his right hand. Kiiiinda hard to miss.

---

Anishinaabe Medicine Man (using Missionary animations):

Spoiler :

Something along the lines of the following dude wearing the next outfit.

---

Cree Gunstock Warrior (using Warrior animations):

Spoiler :

The following man, but with the weapon in the following image instead of the axe and gun.

---

Anishinaabe Demon's Head (using Hand-Axe animations):

Spoiler :

The following man, but with the weapon in the following image instead of the club and gun.

---

Zimbabwean Selous Scout (using Infantry):

Spoiler :

---

Yeah, I'll second that Selous Scout request. Mine currently use an edited UK Paratrooper, but it just isn't complete without an FN FAL, short-shorts, and a thick beard.

What do you mean modding isn't possible for Mac? You can mod without ModBuddy; you just need a text editor. [Though I get not wanting to bother to learn it...]

Could you check out the thread in my signature? Many of those units (the list is very incomplete so far) can be made with reskins of existing units, but some are just too distinctive for that. I can add pictures from the army books if you want. Thanks!

What do you mean modding isn't possible for Mac? You can mod without ModBuddy; you just need a text editor. [Though I get not wanting to bother to learn it...]

Helas ... :roll eyes: it's worse than this. There are many tools needed to mod and not only the XML part which is common to all platforms. What if I can't test by myself all the details ? Beyond ModBuddy, if it's harder than enjoyable, I don't see the interest. Yous maybe but not mine :lol:

I have to test the templates and the plugins made by Deliverator for Blender. Until then, I can't only do a skin/reskin job ;)

But for creating graphics, I still have the .dds stuff and graphic applications.

I downloaded many units and really think it's improvable for many of them.

Indonesia could really use some reskinned units.

Oh yes ! :)

But, let's be clear : I won't work alone. I'm searching someone to work closely with :D

He/she makes the tests and the ModBuddy job, I do the graphic job. Are you ready ? ;)

I'd love to have some unique units! Let me know if any of the following interests you

Anishinaabe Medicine Man

Cree Gunstock Warrior

Could be a good start !!!

Yeah, I'll second that Selous Scout request. Mine currently use an edited UK Paratrooper, but it just isn't complete without an FN FAL, short-shorts, and a thick beard.

I'm interested a lot by this Zimbabwean Selous Scout ... I just wonder too how to do about the short and the naked legs ( the 3D/Blender part ) : the job in Blender must be great. Skinning is easier to me. Going to think about ...

Thanks a lot for your interest and answers !

I'm interested a lot by this Zimbabwean Selous Scout ... I just wonder too how to do about the short and the naked legs ( the 3D/Blender part ) : the job in Blender must be great. Skinning is easier to me. Going to think about ...

Thanks a lot for your interest and answers !

you can do it pretty quick. just copy the legs shrink them to "naked" size and then leave the old legs (trimmed) to be shorts

you can do it pretty quick. just copy the legs shrink them to "naked" size and then leave the old legs (trimmed) to be shorts

If it was so quick : please, mod with me :D Yes, that's I thought too. BUT : you have to uv-map again I think ... Going to install Deliverator scripts. Will tell you if it works. ON MAC :dubious:

Easy with me my friend ... I'm a kind of dummy person :D

If it was so quick : please, mod with me :D Yes, that's I thought too. BUT : you have to uv-map again I think ... Going to install Deliverator scripts. Will tell you if it works. ON MAC :dubious:

Easy with me my friend ... I'm a kind of dummy person :D

I can't sign up for it at the moment. But bernie appears to be back and he did a lot of these things. Wolfdog can too.

You know what ? I'd like working with Wolfdog :D He's perfect on what it does the best : mechanized units aka tanks, planes and so on. I prefer a lot human units so, it could be a an interesting collaboration indeed. :D

Top Bottom