Etmp

Tasunke

Crazy Horse
ETMP.rar

it is a multiplayer mod. Inspired by my conversations with Thirlan.

Once you extract the file, you will find a folder labeled ETMP.

If you merge ETMP with a copy of Erebus in the Balance v9, you will have ETMP installed.

The meat of the folder?

Changelog, ini file, XML folder, Python folder.

It is arranged in such a way that all you have to do is merge the folder with a copy of the EitB folder and you will have the mod ready to go! :)

changelog can be found here http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=5877

Attachments

• ETMP 1.05.rar
    2 MB · Views: 83
MOD NOTES:

Dragons still affected by Wither (needs fixing)

Great Dragons (the big four) still need Twincast + summon apply perk (stronger dragon's breath)

Disciples of Acheron appear in random locations ... (change icost to -1)

slightly improve change of appearance for Disciples (maybe?)

-------------------

Possible Balancing -> Reduce Sidar palace from +2 shade GPP to +1 shade GPP. Move the extra +1 to elder council UB?

*if this is done, perhaps change starting civic from Pacifism to Religion. (their devotion to Arawn)

---------------------

Leader Traits -> In EitB Auric Ulvin is Arcane/Charismatic ... in ETMP he is Spiritual/Charismatic ... and in FFH he is Defender/Charismatic.

I'm thinking. Maybe this is not best?

Arcane/Charismatic is too much, imho, since there is no reason for them to be more magical than Perpentach/Dain/etc ...

On the other hand, Spiritual/Charismatic is nice, but perhaps it makes their priests *too* strong? Hmm.

Therefore, perhaps taking Charismatic and pairing it with a different trait? Perhaps Financial or Organized ...

1.05 uploaded ... latest version available now.

ty
(6char)

would it be possible to put links to all prereqs so i don't have to hunt them ( and likely to get the wrong versions ) ? :D

I suppose this is the main link
(you'll may have to login though )

Ill see if the dll is small enough to upload here bc the dll fix can sometimes be hard to find. I can always give it to you on Skype tho.

Does this mod have, or will have, the latest MNAI changes?

it will probably remain with the AI changes of EitB v9 until MNAI 2+ fixes the Kuriotates OOS issues

(issues that were introduced sometime last summer iirc)

I find the new civics interesting, specifically Neutrality, Isolationism and Urban planning. I miss a "Memberhood" civic for the Illians. Shouldn't Urban planning give +1 food with Enclaves too?

The workshop related changes to civics are a good choice IMO, the workshop has always been a neglected improvement. I also agree on the Guilds/Caste system change.

Although I understand the Crusade change, IMO the Bannor should not need to leave the council to use their unique civic.

I could see a not civilization specific version of Sons of Junil working nicely too. Currently there are no government civics that reduce maintenance costs besides City States (I never found a good usage for it) and Aristocracy (which is for aristofarming and serves little purpose for a cottage economy). Another reason for a generally available version of the civic is that IMO a specific civilization should not have two unique civics.

Yes, without a true 'uniquecivic' mechanic in the DLL I would be forced to have two extremely similar civics ... one for bannor and one for 'bannor and everyone else'.

The downside of this approach would be that Bannor may occasionally use the 'bannor and everyone else' civic, so doing would be suboptimal ... unless I made it unique enough that it might be used even by bannor for 'profit' above their 'unique' version.

So you see? If I make too many civics I risk clutter and suboptimal play (at least by the AI)

------

That being said, a separate non-bannor civic (perhaps there is an exclusionary civtag?) for cottages would be nice in the Gov section ^_^

Furthermore, although initially opposed, the more I think about it the more it makes sense for Enclaves to be boosted by Urban Planning as well. (I mean hell, even though it is perhaps a 'large' boost to the Kuriotates, it is nothing if not fair when compared to the boost it gives to the other civs. After all, the Kurios still do (probably) need an advantage in that area. I will think more on this ;) )

What if Crusade gave a special civ-wide bonus for owning the Bannor palace? The only issue would be a tolerant leader building it, and that sounds more like a feature than a bug to me.

a tolerant leader still wouldn't be able to adopt Crusade ... so I think it'd work. Well, if we can attach the suitable bonuses to a building/civic combo that is.

Perhaps possible in Rife, but I fear it may not be possible in EitB/ FFH2.

There's a mistake in one of your recent versions (ETMP 1.08 ?) in the file "\ETMP\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" in entry <Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
-- it loads resource file from "Erebus in the Balance" folder, which will crash the game if you don't have that mod in your Mods folder ...

so change Type to Erebus_in_the_Balance?

(and it will load without a file named EitB?)

Top Bottom