Eurasia/Northern Africa

Stormbringer

The Brick and The Rose
So, I made a map of Eurasia and Northern Africa, since I wanted a historical map with many civilizations but didn't want the Americas included. All 15 non-american civilizations are included on it. Now, I am down to detailing the map, and here I run into a question: how large should I make it? Currently it is 152x68, about as big as my computer can handle a map in a game, but I realize that might be too big for some people. So, before I move on I would like to know what size to make it, since I can swtich the size easy using the BMP/WBS coverter. All input is welcomed.

This map should be REALLY useful, particularly if I ever decide to make an "Old World" scenario. As for the size, Large or even Huge would be fine with me. Equivalent to the standard Earth map in size would be cool -- sure that map causes major slowdowns for me in the late game, but anything much smaller just doesn't cut it. I'm gonna have to get a new computer (or at least more RAM) to handle this beast of a game anyway, so go wild! :p

Conversely, if changing the size is easy, you could make several different sizes so you can equally cater to those who think a map can never be big enough and those who complain that every single map released is too big.

I'm hoping to have the following 125x125 map of Eurasia and North Africa posted by the end of the day.

Attachments

• Shroud125x125Eurasiaminimap.bmp
    44 KB · Views: 163
Top Bottom