Eureka explanations

I thought it was a tech boost from performing a certain action.

Sorry, to be clear --- it is. But when you get a Eureka, the pop-up window says you got one, but doesn't tell you why you got it, i.e., what action you took that triggered it. You can figure out how to get a eureka by mousing over something in the tree or mousing over the civic you're researching but WHEN you get the eureka, there's not a quick thing that tells you exaclty why.

It's just something small that has been nagging at me during every lets play

sorry, to be clear --- it is. But when you get a eureka, the pop-up window says you got one, but doesn't tell you why you got it, i.e., what action you took that triggered it. You can figure out how to get a eureka by mousing over something in the tree or mousing over the civic you're researching but when you get the eureka, there's not a quick thing that tells you exaclty why.

It's just something small that has been nagging at me during every lets play

It does given an indication. However the text is not as direct as the boost text.

The eureka for Construction said "Work on the Water Mill has taught your workers much about construction practices." The boost text is "Build a water mill".

Spoiler :

The inspiration for Civil Service said "Your large urban center will soon require a corps of bureaucrats." Its boost text is "Grow a city to 10 population".

Spoiler :

Attachments

• eureka.PNG
    eureka.PNG
    283.9 KB · Views: 634
  • inspiration.PNG
    inspiration.PNG
    319 KB · Views: 648
Yes, and you could hover over the tech/civic name on the same window for more info.

But sometimes I'm getting "free" Eurekas and Inspirations, and I'm not sure why. I haven't fulfilled the requirements, but I got them anyway. Like just now I finished my first tech in the Modern era, and that in itself seemed to trigger a free Eureka in the modern era (which I haven't fulfilled the boost requirement for) AND a free inspiration in the modern era. Are there free eurekas and inspirations when you move into a new age?

But sometimes I'm getting "free" Eurekas and Inspirations, and I'm not sure why. I haven't fulfilled the requirements, but I got them anyway. Like just now I finished my first tech in the Modern era, and that in itself seemed to trigger a free Eureka in the modern era (which I haven't fulfilled the boost requirement for) AND a free inspiration in the modern era. Are there free eurekas and inspirations when you move into a new age?

Check if u are suzerain of Vilnius or Seoul.

I noticed the one yesterday for Electricity. Apparently electricity wasn't discovered by curiosity about lightning or magnetism, but rather privateers wanting a silent-running engine to sneak up on their victims. Who knew?

Top Bottom