Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

I probably do have the old version somewhere, but I am not sure whether may I upload it for further improvement without consent of the author of the mod. Have you tried to contact him via PM/mail? He probably has the most up to date version anyway...

Ok. For the modders out there:

What exactly needs to be changed to get this up to speed for 3.17?

Anyone that has done a mod in the past that can list some basics, I'm sure we can get some people to handle.

The OP hasn't been on for 2 years; so I think PMing him would be a waste of time. I think it would be perfectly fine to upload/update for BTS, just give him credit for the mod. It would almost be better to start this from scratch rather than try to update to BTS, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I have not played Rapture mod yet and have not played European Empires for a long time, so I am not sure. Introducing denominations seems interesting, but I would personally prefer seeing Europa Europa converted to BtS without major changes first.

Changes to gameplay may be discussed and introduced later, as it is possible that the converted EE would require some fixes and changes anyway (for example concerning game balance of concepts introduced by BtS like espionage).

Also, some further "extended" versions might, aside from denominations, include things like DCM (probably not Revolutions, as EE is more scenario-like and all civs are already there) or some new national unit models (Varietas Delctat, Wolfshanze).

I am not talking more religions. I mean replacing the art for the religions from EE3.

I have Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox. Coptic and Nestorian are the other Christian ones . Now which for reformed does not matter to me out of the two.

I also have Muslim religions but was only thinking the Sunni which is the default Islam in the game.

I made new shrine art for the Christian stuff not just using old art. The Catholic shrine is St. Peter's Basilica and Hagia Sophia is the orthodox shrine. I replaced the Hagia Sophia and Apostolic Palace wonders. In place of the Apostolic Palace I have Bethlehem or the Church of Nativity. And for the Hagia Sophia I used the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.

And all of them have wonder movies.

Hi all, I've been working on a BTS adaptation of this mod for about a week now, and it's coming along quite nicely; just a few minor problems.

I came here to see if the person who made the original EE3 is still active. Seeing as he is not, I figured it would be okay to adapt it without his permission.

I don't know about the other BTS mod that is dead now, for a second I had thought all my work was for nothing! :lol:

Anyway, here are my problems:

1. Problems with religions, icons shown on top of city bar are incorrect
2. Problems with wonders, wonders show what they replaced (i.e. "The Statue of Liberty" instead of "Mozart's Sonatas)
3. Problems with XML, one minor error at gamestartup (not a big deal, I could probably fix it myself)
4. Problems with map, (this one) trying to figure out how to include certain civilizations, can only get about 10 in the map right now, need 18
5. Problems with Ottoman Empire's color, can't get that purple...
6. Problems with art styles, Papal States, Venice, Byzantine, and Hungarian are supposed to have Greco-Roman styled cities, Ottoman is supposed to have middle east styled. (I have seen this done before, not just in Rhy'es, I have a feeling I deleted the file that did it...)
7. Problems with corporations, names do not appear correctly ("player x has incorporated Mining Corp" instead it should be "player x has incorporated Fiat Group")
8. Problems with civics, shows original civics, thus pushing bottom ones into other text...

There are probably more, but those are the only ones I can think of right now. I have included the mod folder in case anyone would like to try it or whatever. :) Any help is appreciated. My major priority at the moment is to get the map working.

BTW about the map, is it at all possible to have more than 18 civs? This map is quite large and I wanted to add Norway, Switzerland, and Serbia...

EDIT: Art styles appear to work for Hungary, Byzantine, Italy, and Venice, but not with Ottomans. Also, the map may be too big, and large amount of Middle East and African terrain is not entirely necessary, although I like the addition of Scandinavia and Iceland. And finally, wouldn't it be historically accurate to make St. Petersburg the capital of Russia?

Attachments

• EuropeanEmpiresforBTS.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 123
Cool, this was one of the first mods (maybe even the very first one), that I tried :) And I liked it very much :D

Anyway, there are many modcomps that allows more than 18 civs, just look around in the modcomps section of the forum. So I would keep the map as it is right now, and add more civs
Hopefully you can update it to BtS with it's every necessary additions (colonies, papal religious hegemony, etc) :goodjob:

Top Bottom