European Middle Ages Mod Resurrection

large and small midieval maps say .56.

dont know what i did but they are working now. but the problem of crashing and saying error with dark ages scenerio still persis. also Craigs map where you start with three cities wont play but they are in the samp place as the other maps.

I haven't updated my maps... will do so in the next couple of days. I've not had enough time to do so... however, since the maps are pretty basic, and start at the beginning of the mod time period, using units which I'm certain haven't changed in this iteration of the mod, I see no reason why they might not work.

My maps in the WBS do direct to the mod folder, which was .50. If you open the WBS notepad and change it to .56, it ought to work.

I'll update the files in the next couple of days.

@Ajidica

I checked the Berber Calvary unit and he appears normal to me. He is holding the lance very close to his body. Check the pedia entry

I just installed the mod and the music-addon, but i get a CTD when i try to load the mod. I use Windows Vista. Is this a well known problem, or might it be a bug?
Are there any logfiles so I can try to find out what causes the crash?

--
Mbala

I just installed the mod and the music-addon, but i get a CTD when i try to load the mod. I use Windows Vista. Is this a well known problem, or might it be a bug?
Are there any logfiles so I can try to find out what causes the crash?

--
Mbala

You are the first person to report a problem with Vista that I'm aware of. Have you had any issues with other mods? If I recall correctly, there have been problems due to the differences in the file paths between XP and Vista.

is it possible to ad the part in rhyse and fall where cities recieve the name of the city that is there in real life? it just annoys me when athens is in asia minor or madrid is in the territory of france

hey guys this mod is awesome!!!! keep up the good work, I can't wait to try the final version!

Well, I'm back.

@ Ajidica : It would be difficult to do considering the python would have to be completely redone for every map, and the vastness of the map. I also have absolutely no idea how to do it, and I don't think that the time it would require to implement would be worthwhile considering said disadvantages.

@ Kyrion : Thanks for the compliments!

I plan on hopefully updating my Dark Ages scenario this weekend, however that is not quite set in stone.

This game need some fixing, I see pink squares on after-build icons, their is no diplomacy music on all the civilizations, and this mod need to support the Landmasses map script, cause I see cows on seas and crabs on land.

Since you are limited to 4 Tourneys, you cannot get the Royal Tourney which requires 7. You should raise the limit on Tourneys to 7.

Also, war weariness seems exceedingly high with only 2 buildings that lessen it. I had almost all of my cities rioting after only a few turns of war and it got progressively worse each turn until 9-10 turns in it took 2-3 times as long to produce units and the populations were shrinking.
During the Middle Ages, they existed in an almost constant state of war. The populations didn't rise up in revolt very much or protest much at all. It was how things were. The Hundred Years War for example. Thats like 50 turns in the game. By the end of that I would have no cities because they would all have revolted.

The war weariness should be turned down and new buildings should be added to help combat it. I would suggest Dungeon and then Gaol. And perhaps a Tower of London wonder that reduces war weariness.

Is there any way to get The Crusades scenario to work with version 0.56 of the mod?

Apparently, it works with version 0.5. Can that version be downloaded?

I've got an idea of creating some religious military orders... with buildings such as Berserker Hall, Crusader Chapterhouse and Ghazi Fraternity... they would allow production of Berserkers, Crusader Foot Knights and Knights, and Ghazi Warriors in turn, depending upon religion, and the civic Holy War.

One effect I'd likely add to these is an anti-war weariness factor.

First, of course, I'll be updating my scenarios.

I've not had time in the last few weeks to work on this, but once I start, I expect it'll take only a matter of days to produce.

Well, the Dark Ages scenario is almost updated and should be posted this week after I balance it some more.

I'm going to start working on the civilopedia files. If anyone else wants to do some, I'll post what I'll be doing and what is needed.

I'm also going to try to get to work on those stupid flags; I was going to get them done last update but I forgot about them. About the flags, I personally think we should have flags that use the colors of the civilization using them, not preset colors. This way they can be more easily used in scenarios where a person might want two civilizations using the same flag. Plus, I just think it looks nicer. Anyone have any preference on what kind of flags are used?

Just me but I think the flags should be authentic to the time period of the civ leader as much as possible.

I have some flags in *.tga format that I scavenged from Medieval: Total War I if you want them.

Top Bottom