Event maniac

Baldor

Chieftain
Would you like to get the Champion event around year 2740 BC?

If you’re a CIV nutcase like me and like events, read on.

Use the first 19 rounds to research techs which do not open for lots of new events, or switch to a different tech one round before the tech is completed.

Animal Husbandry (stop one round before)

Mysticism, Meditation, Priesthood and perhaps start Oracle construction.

Mining, Masonry, Bronze Working (stop one round before)

The Wheel, Pottery and Writing (stop one round before)

Save the game 2800 BC and press Enter, reload until you get Champion or Truffles.
Repeat procedure the next round until you get Truffles or Champion.

Try three or four loads before it’s time to save.;)

These events are two of the most difficult to get, and you can almost forget about them if this once in a lifetime chance is wasted. After the 22nd round, open Animal Husbandry and find out how the events are thrown after you like garbage.

Use the Oracle to open Metal Casting (9 useful events), otherwise concentrate on techs with helpful events and use the science overflow to reach for Alphabet on route to Currency.

The next time it’s requiered to dig really deep for a difficult event is after Calender, Sea Turtles, if you decide to dive deep before Calender you’ll probably end up with Bowyer or Horseshoe.

Truffles 70/20
Sea Turtles 70/20
Champion 30/50
Horseshoe 30/50
Bowyer 35/50

Would you like to get the Champion event around year 2740 BC?

If you’re a CIV nutcase like me and like events, read on.

Use the first 19 rounds to research techs which do not open for lots of new events, or switch to a different tech one round before the tech is completed.

Save the game 2800 BC and press Enter, reload until you get Champion or Truffles.
Repeat procedure the next round until you get Truffles or Champion.

Try three or four loads before it’s time to save.;)

These events are two of the most difficult to get, and you can almost forget about them if this once in a lifetime chance is wasted. After the 22nd round, open Animal Husbandry and find out how the events are thrown after you like garbage.

Use the Oracle to open Metal Casting (eight useful events), otherwise concentrate on techs with helpful events and use the science overflow to reach for Alphabet on route to Currency.

The next time it’s requiered to dig really deep for a difficult event is after Calender, Sea Turtles, if you decide to dive deep before Calender you’ll probably end up with Bowyer or Horseshoe.

Truffles 70/20
Sea Turtles 70/20
Champion 30/50
Horseshoe 30/50
Bowyer 35/50

Or... you can just edit the xml files to make sure that those events recur, they appear in every game and up the chance of events happening per turn to 100%... Oh, and events start at turn 1.

Or... you can just edit the xml files to make sure that those events recur, they appear in every game and up the chance of events happening per turn to 100%... Oh, and events start at turn 1.

Wouldn’t that just screw up the whole plan;
to get your hands on the events before AI grabs them,
provide you with much needed commerce and deny the others access?

Been offered Healing Plant half a dozen times, but I’m still hunting for Truffles.

Wouldn’t that just screw up the whole plan;
to get your hands on the events before AI grabs them,
provide you with much needed commerce and deny the others access?

Been offered Healing Plant half a dozen times, but I’m still hunting for Truffles.

Not really. Making it recurring and taking out the Global "Wonder" status means everyone can get it. Multiple times. If you have BUG, you can start hunting for tiles with the special specials and plan the takeover accordingly ;)

Um, in the first walkthrough in my sig, I got the Champion event on my initial Warrior in 3125 BC. I didn't know it was so rare, but it's kind of lame anyway.

I once had my warrior hit a hut, get xp, hit another hut, get xp, get the champion event...
and run into a bear on the flats.

I believe that's the only time I've gotten the champion event...

Hey, hey, Combat V Quecha here we come. :3

Um, in the first walkthrough in my sig, I got the Champion event on my initial Warrior in 3125 BC. I didn't know it was so rare, but it's kind of lame anyway.

The Champion event in FFH2 gives your champion the Hero promo, IIRC. That is NOT lame...

Exactly What is the Champion event?
Even if it was something that will boost your starting warrior signifcantly you're clearly getting yourself into trouble by not researhing vital worker techs in time thus stagnating your growth!

Even if it was something that will boost your starting warrior signifcantly you're clearly getting yourself into trouble by not researhing vital worker techs in time thus stagnating your growth!

Normal BTS gives the unit the Leadership promo, IIRC. FFH2 gives the Hero promo.

As already mentioned the Champion event provides your unit with Leadership promotion, it isn’t supposed to strike fear into foes, it’s a matter of securing an early Medic III unit. I would of course upgrade it quickly to spearman, pikeman, grenadier and ultimately machine gun, with mechanized infantry protection.

As already mentioned the Champion event provides your unit with Leadership promotion, it isn’t supposed to strike fear into foes, it’s a matter of securing an early Medic III unit. I would of course upgrade it quickly to spearman, pikeman, grenadier and ultimately machine gun, with mechanized infantry protection.

Play FFH2 if you want a Champion that strikes terror into the enemy. Hero promo = +1xp/turn until 100. If you are CHA, that is 11 promos. Without you doing anything except stay at home and hit the Next Turn button.

Top Bottom