Everybody Gangs up on Germany

Brownsfan02

WWII Buff
Prolouge: I was playing as Germany on Warlord difficulty just for the fun of it and I was at war with Rome since they were wanting a tech every turn (so it seems). After I took the first of their cities (this was a while ago so I can't remember the names very well) Russia declared war on me. I sent one of my knights armies over and took out the lone leigon army they sent after me. Next turn I took a Russian city and (This is the truth I swear) Mongolia and Japan declared war on me. I had met Japan the turn before I took the Roman city. I am a good player but not as good as I am now. Rome took back their city the Mongolians took the Russian city I had captured and i the next few turns I had only two cities left. I decided to rush any defenses I could and try to hold out until I get gunpowder. I was only a few turn away but the way this game was going it looked like I could lose. Japan was actually blocked off by the Russian's borders so they couldn't get to me, but the game was to dum to notice this and they didn't ask for peace.

First turn of the two city defense:
My city of Berlin: Two veteran pikemen armies, a veteran archer army, and a veteran warrior army.

My city of Munich: A non-veteran pikemen army and a two upgrade archer army (barbarians are so weak :)

Russians attack and the archer army routes two of their leigon armies at Munich. The Romans attack Berlin but my pikemen armies hold off two leigon armies and a cataphract army (I should have lost to the cataphracts)

Turn two of the two city defense: Special title: A stroke of luck
Berlin has the same armies
Munich has the same armies

The Mongolians didn't attack and the Russians went to war with the Mongolians and I seized the chance and got peace with the Mongolians.

I finished gunpowder and started to build riflemen in Berlin and I finished some knights in Munich.

The Romans again were defeated by my pikemen in Berlin.

Turn three of the two city defense:
Berlin has same armies
Munich has same armies

The Mongolians capture Minsk

I rushed Riflemen in Berlin and I switched production to riflemen in Munich

The Romans make progress by defeating a Pikemen army.

Turn Four of the two city defense: Germany Strikes Back
Berlin is minus a pikemen army
Munich is still unscathed

The Mongolians lose Minsk in a counter-attack

I rush riflemen in Munich and in Berlin and for a veteran riflemen army in Berlin.

I attack the Romans and overrun two Leigon armies and clear out the area around Berlin.

I start to build knights in Berlin.

The Romans don't attack the road to Frankfurt is clear.

Turn five of the two city defense: Frankfurt is liberated, but at what cost?
Berlin is minus one pikemen army
Munich is fine

The Mongolians don't attack (from what I saw)

I rush knights and use a great builder to rush some more knights.

My riflemen army uses the road to take a hill by Frankfurt and I overrun Frankfurt and capture it my riflemen get infiltration.

To be continued...

Top Bottom