Excellent Firefox Addons

Undo Closed Tabs: I have a tendency to want to access a tab I closed lol
Don't really need an add-on for that. Just hit ctrl-shift-T to reopen the tab that was just closed. Also, under the History menu is a list of recently closed tabs.

What's the add-on do?

What it does, if a site it down, it gets it from the Internet Archive. But some sites don't have it in Archive. So it depends on site. I tried with several sites.

I especially like NoScript. Almost had my keys logged last time so I'm not taking any more chances.

I will just echo others about StumbleUpon. Sometimes I find myself clicking that damn button endlessly...

i'll only mention new stuff:

adblock plus element hiding helper - for removing annoying banners
Remove It Permanently - for removing annoying parts of a page

better gmail - self evident
better greader - self evident

context search - right click a word and choose from several engines to search in
cyber serach - search from the location bar - with results appearing in the awsome-bar

disablebackspacenavigation - because it's a must. the single dumbest idea ever.

i'm trying Diigo sharing tool. so far it is nice.

FxIF - for watching EXIF data on image properties.
gAttach - more of a windows program. allows me to right click files in windows and use "send to mail" with gmail.

paste quote - don't remember where i found it. it pastes stuff with the [ q ] tags around it. very useful.

trying to use Read It Later.

using Search Hot Keyes to disable the ' tag from starting inline search.

I absolutely love stumbleupon! I havent stumbled to a page which i haven't liked! I found this with it. I love it!

My addons list:
Adblock Plus
All in One Sidebar
Browser Clock
Chatzilla
ColorfulTabs
Delicious Bookmarks
DOM Inspector
Extension Devoloper
Fast Dial (Disabled due to conflict with devoloper toolbars)
Firebug
FireCookie
FireFTP
Google Gears
Google Reader Watcher
Greasemonkey
Snap Links
Tab Mix Plus
Web Developer Toolbar
YSlow

Then in GreaseMonkey:
4 x Game site addons
1 x Forum addon
Mediawiki Rollback button

All of this is what I need to get Firefox to the functionality I like in Opera.

I know this may not be proper place, but I really don't want to start a new thread.
I have Orbit Downloader, to download from YouTube, Yahoo Videos, and other sites. Especially ones where there's no proper downloader. But it was supposed to intregrate with Firefox, and I accidentally uninstalled the addon, and I can't get it back in. I tried googling, and it says to change the file, which I did, but it didn't do anything.
Anybody know what to do?
P.S. I tried reinstalling Orbit. No luck.

EDIT: I got it working. Hooray! I did a complete uninstall before reinstalling.:king:

My current list:

Download manager tweak - a classic add-on.

keyconfig - to fix those odd default key configutarions :)

linky - to open multiple links or URL's presented as text only.

OpenBox - well, having a separate 'open' dialog is just an old habit.

PDF Download - for a few times it has been a good idea to control how pdf's behave.

SlimSearch - a very handy tool to select text and then use it to search google, IMDB, wikipedia...

Tabbrowser preferences - this is handy as well.

I will have to check some of therer out I only just got FF and don't use anything of yet

Ghostery - this pops up a little box (that goes away after __ seconds, you fill in the blank) and tells you who's spying through the site. I love it.

Greasemonkey - is indispensable. Especially now that Till's writing all the scripts for CFC, this is a must-have.

Greasefire - goes with Greasemonkey, and automatically checks its database to see what scripts are available for whatever site you happen to be on. It's pretty good for finding ways other people wanted to tweak popular sites.

User Agent Switcher - lets you lie about what browser you're using. Useful for sites that refuse anything other than IE. It says it makes a toolbar button, but I keep mine in my tools menu, since it's not something I need very often.

NoScript. My brother tried to send me to a site that creates tons of harmless pop-ups. Needless to say, his joke failed miserably.

IE Tab -- For when that site just wont work in FF

NoScript -- Blocks all scripts with a configurable whitelist. Makes surfing a lot easier if you visit a lot of media-rich sites ( including ones with a lot of ads)

NoScript. My brother tried to send me to a site that creates tons of harmless pop-ups. Needless to say, his joke failed miserably.

Tada!
Good idea to reiterate it though. it is one of the must-have addons for FF.

FEBE, backup Firefox profile.

Top Bottom