Existing Buildings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonders should be all be increased across the board by like 50-70% that would be great! And/or reduce or remove the bonuses you get from stone/marble. ♥

I suspected as such. I just thought I would post it and see if anyone agreed. I think it is only a serious issue when the technologies are several eras apart. For example, with Topkapi Palace requiring Masonry and Feudalism, I don't see anyone getting all the way to Feudalism without either Masonry being required somewhere along the line or researching it easily because it would be so cheap relative to other tech choices before then.

Well there are some I specifically did even if they are redundant such as Ceramic Factory requires Assembly Line and Pottery even though Pottery is far FAR away from Assembly line. This allows one to see pottery related buildings by clicking on pottery tech even if its redundant requirements.

Another things a lot of wonders need is obsolescence. Most of the new ones don't go obsolete, so they're very powerful.

the farmscraper replaces every other farms. At least they go obsolete with the technology . so every fruit ore vegetable ore nuts resource is obsolete. Should the skyscraper provide all of this resources instead ? i mean the idea behind the scraper is that there grows every known plant

Yes, perhaps it actually should. I see no other way of providing the farm resources after so yes, I think the farms taper should provide +1 fruits, nuts, etc.

just a question, why does the brothel give unhealthines? did people get STD'S back then ??

Only AIDS is really a new disease in that arena. Others were not as well spread until the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s until the widespread use of antibiotics brought them back under control. But oh yeah, STDs have been with us for quite some time. In fact, the white wigs and high stiff collars worn during colonial days was largely a fashion brought on that allowed gentlemen to blend in with each other as so many had to cover up the ravaging signals of advanced siphilis, loss of hair, rashes on the neck etc. It was an extremely widespread problem at the time. Going further back, I'm quite certain you'd find STDs have been problematic at all times in human history.

Only AIDS is really a new disease in that arena. Others were not as well spread until the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s until the widespread use of antibiotics brought them back under control. But oh yeah, STDs have been with us for quite some time. In fact, the white wigs and high stiff collars worn during colonial days was largely a fashion brought on that allowed gentlemen to blend in with each other as so many had to cover up the ravaging signals of advanced siphilis, loss of hair, rashes on the neck etc. It was an extremely widespread problem at the time. Going further back, I'm quite certain you'd find STDs have been problematic at all times in human history.

that is very true, better call a doctor :mischief:

Correct. Syphilis caused such devastation to Europe around 1500 that many countries considered outlawing brothels as a public health menace, which is significant because the state at the time got a good cut of the money from such disreputable establishments.

Correct. Syphilis caused such devastation to Europe around 1500 that many countries considered outlawing brothels as a public health menace, which is significant because the state at the time got a good cut of the money from such disreputable establishments.

Though I believe STDs were pretty much unknown in roman times. Not sure why.

Well there is also pubic lice (aka "crabs") which can be sexually transmitted. In fact head lice and pubic lice have been genetically tested and it turns out public lice are more related to gorilla lice than human head lice. They also have used this to track when hominids started loosing body hair since there was a large mostly bare patch of skin between the head and pubic region.

Note that the gorilla lice origin for "crabs" guesses that hominids slept in sleeping nests of gorillas and thus got exposed to the lice, not that they mated with gorillas.

I noticed we have changed the Manhattan Project into just allowing nukes for the civilization that builds it. I think we should split the Project into two buildings:
  • THE Manhattan Project: World Wonder, allows nukes + another bonus, far more expensive, has to be built first
  • National Nuclear Test: National Wonder, allows nukes, cheaper, but someone has to build the Manhattan Project first
I personally liked the idea of "letting the genie out of the bottle" when building the Manhattan Project, but if this is the way we want to go with nuclear weapons, I would like to make the name "Manhattan Project" match up with something unique. The National Nuclear Test would be cheaper because once someone else has built a nuclear weapon, that means nuclear weapons are possible, and the issue becomes re-creating the design. What do you think?

I'd have to give an additional tag for the Manhattan Project that utilizes parts of the old code to grant access not to nukes but to the ability to build the National Nuclear Test on a global basis. Then the National Nuclear Test could utilize the current codes for the Manhattan Project that I'm going to be debugging a bit today.

Since I'm not a building generator (even if I could figure it out...) I'll only code the dll for that if I get someone else concurrently working on the second building.

Alternatively, since it seems a bit redundant, and I understand your naming issue, perhaps we should let the Manhattan Project go completely and just name the building the Nuclear Test Blast or something to that extent and we all just understand that the first time it was performed on Earth was originally the Manhattan Project.

I'd have to give an additional tag for the Manhattan Project that utilizes parts of the old code to grant access not to nukes but to the ability to build the National Nuclear Test on a global basis. Then the National Nuclear Test could utilize the current codes for the Manhattan Project that I'm going to be debugging a bit today.

Since I'm not a building generator (even if I could figure it out...) I'll only code the dll for that if I get someone else concurrently working on the second building.

Alternatively, since it seems a bit redundant, and I understand your naming issue, perhaps we should let the Manhattan Project go completely and just name the building the Nuclear Test Blast or something to that extent and we all just understand that the first time it was performed on Earth was originally the Manhattan Project.

Actually, all you should have to do is return Manhattan Project to its original status as a Project, and then use the <EveryoneSpecialBuilding> tag and define the National Nuclear Test as a Special Building in a Civ4SpecialBuildingsInfo.xml file. That should grant everyone the ability to build National Nuclear Tests once someone does the heavy theoretical work of the Manhattan Project.

Sort of like how First Cloned Mammal unlocks Cloning Labrotory for all players.

Sort of like how First Cloned Mammal unlocks Cloning Labrotory for all players.

Exactly. I was thinking especially how Manhattan Project unlocks Bomb Shelters for all players in regular BTS. We have it changed so that you can build it if you have Civil Engineering and any player has Fission.

Actually, all you should have to do is return Manhattan Project to its original status as a Project, and then use the <EveryoneSpecialBuilding> tag and define the National Nuclear Test as a Special Building in a Civ4SpecialBuildingsInfo.xml file. That should grant everyone the ability to build National Nuclear Tests once someone does the heavy theoretical work of the Manhattan Project.

Ok then its all in the building xmls then. Except that the manhattan project should NOT be given the bAllowsNukes on yes and that should be held aside for the National Nuclear Test. Wouldn't require any further dll work then.

I'd like to build a ball court in any of my cities but there's a hard limit: i do need an aztech embassy, a mayan embassy or an olmec embassy.
I'd rather like to see resources as bonus_aztec, bonus_mayan or bonus_olmec as prereq.

Aside from buildings there are also wonders with embassy prereqs.

I guess this is not intended but a leftover from the first implementation of the goods system before the goods were converted into resourses.

Where has the school of rhetoric gone? :confused: It used to be the only thing you get with Oratory, now you get nothing...

I'd like to build a ball court in any of my cities but there's a hard limit: i do need an aztech embassy, a mayan embassy or an olmec embassy.
I'd rather like to see resources as bonus_aztec, bonus_mayan or bonus_olmec as prereq.

Aside from buildings there are also wonders with embassy prereqs.

I guess this is not intended but a leftover from the first implementation of the goods system before the goods were converted into resourses.

Another one is Salon (French)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom