Extra Flavor Civs for C2C

Here is one I was thinking of. The Aboriginals were included so that Australia would not be the only civilization with Oceanian culture. How about the Polynesians? I feel that they are a much better fit for civilization, which is so centered around cities and organized states, than the Aboriginals which remained hunter-gatherers until the modern day. Here are some good leaders for them.

Kamehameha I - The conqueror of Hawaii, and thus the first ruler of the Hawaiian Kingdom. He instituted the Mamalahoe Kanawai, or Law Of The Splintered Paddle, which provided for the safety of noncombatants during wartime. This law, among the first of it's kind, has continued to influence many humanitarian laws in the present day.

Traits- Seafaring, Humanitarian

Queen Pomare IV - The queen of Tahiti during the French invasion and attempts at colonization, she fought against their rule ceaselessly, turning Tahiti into a bloodbath for the French troops. Though she was not successful in preventing French rule of her realm, her efforts protected her allies among the surrounding islands, including preventing the French from annexing Tuamotus, where the monarchy survived.

Traits - Seafaring, Protective

Civilopedia entry:

The Polynesians are a diverse people who inhabit many islands, small and large across 70 million square miles of the Pacific Ocean. The ancient ancestors of the Polynesians were the native inhabitants of modern Taiwan, who began to travel the seas in search of new lands to settle, around 2000 BC (roughly). The Polynesians were possibly the earliest people to truly master the seas, able to travel across waters that their contemporaries would never have attempted. As well as being great navigators, these people were artists and artisans of great skill. Simple objects, such as fish-hooks would be manufactured to exacting standards for different catches and decorated even when the decoration was not part of the function. Stone and wooden weapons were considered to be more powerful the better they were made and decorated. In some island groups weaving was a strong part of the culture and gifting woven articles an ingrained practice. Dwellings were imbued with character by the skill of their building. Body decoration and jewellery is of international standard to this day.
The religious attributes of Polynesians were common over the whole Pacific region. While there are some differences in their spoken languages they largely have the same explanation for the creation of the earth and sky, for the gods that rule aspects of life and for the religious practices of everyday life. People travelled thousands of miles to celebrations that they all owned communally.

Cities:
Capital - Honololulu
Papeete
Lahaina
Kailua-Kona
Hanga Roa
Hilo
Kāneʻohe
Waipahu
Kahului
Kīhei
Suva
Lami
Nasinu
Honiara
Nausori
Nuku'alofa
Apia
Teinainano
Uturoa
Vaitape
Dededo
Papeari
ʻEwa
Līhuʻe
ʻAiea
Mākaha
Ahuimanu
Nānākuli
Waipiʻo
Majuro
Pūpūkea
Pago Pago
Fagatogo
Hagåtña
Avarua
Halawa

Here is one I was thinking of. The Aboriginals were included so that Australia would not be the only civilization with Oceanian culture. How about the Polynesians? I feel that they are a much better fit for civilization, which is so centered around cities and organized states, than the Aboriginals which remained hunter-gatherers until the modern day. Here are some good leaders for them.

Infact that was one of the civs i was doing this (next) month already.:)

EDIT
: Does anyone have a picture of Queen Salamasina, i cant find one, even on Google??

I was thinking you may like to have another SVN for the extra civilizations like we do for the extra leader heads.

Do you think i ought to put the civs with a LOT of flavor in these d/l's or put them in the regular modules area?

Infact that was one of the civs i was doing this (next) month already.:)

EDIT
: Does anyone have a picture of Queen Salamasina, i cant find one, even on Google??

You should use use Princess Kaʻiulani

Spoiler :

BTW Hawaii should be fine as a civ that comes with C2C. Its only the Nazi's that have the problem.

You should use use Princess Kaʻiulani

Spoiler :

BTW Hawaii should be fine as a civ that comes with C2C. Its only the Nazi's that have the problem.

I know, but it has a ALOT of flavor units, thats why its better just like the LH's to have them separate.

I would rather that the Polynesians be a normal part of the mod, myself, especially since we have the Aboriginals and Tupi in, considering that both are peoples who didn't really start settling until /very/ recently in human history. That way we would have three Oceanian civs, and one more civ with Seafaring leaders to make archipelago maps more interesting.

Just my two cents.

Edit: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=214694

This leaderpack has a Polynesian civ with leaderheads for Salamasina and Kamehameha. Most likely, they are animated, though.

I would rather that the Polynesians be a normal part of the mod, myself, especially since we have the Aboriginals and Tupi in, considering that both are peoples who didn't really start settling until /very/ recently in human history. That way we would have three Oceania civs, and one more civ with Seafaring leaders to make archipelago maps more interesting.

Just my two cents.
Salamasina Most likely, they are animated, though.

I need REAL pictures not any animated or CIV created one of her.

From Wikipedia it says Salamasina was Samoan not Hawaiian.

This is for a Polynesian civ, not a Hawaiian civ. Hawaiian is a bit too specific. It would be like sub-dividing the Indian civ into Rajput, Jat, Bengali, Tamil, Punjabi, Kashmiri etc etc etc. That being said, if it was for some reason decided that Polynesian is far too broad to use as a civ (Although I don't see why, it has a culture in game and everything), then Hawaiian would be the way to go.

Top Bottom