Extract GR2 to Blender with mesh AND skeleton and re-export to GR2

Does it work in the Nexus Viewer from the old version of the SDK?

It could just be a typo in your art defines... Did you check your logs? It's easier if you attach your built mod than having to guess what the problem might be.

you are right.attached is my mod with all files.

the " Longswordsman_Japan.gr2 " is the file i mean.

thanks that you trying to help me.

the folder with the german words " neue Units......... " is my mod-folder.

the folder " Longswordsman_Japan " is the folder with the blend.file and textures and
others.

PS : all models are not mine,thats Danrell's models !

Attachments

• Modfiles.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
Did you try to test replacing another existing unit's model, just to test the model itself?

Try renaming the file warrior.gr2 and including it in a test mod (remember the vfs needs be true), then start a game. If the warrior is blank then the problem is probably with the .gr2 itself.

I'm a noob at this too, but sometimes the best way to figure out how to resolve a problem is to try different things.

Did you try to test replacing another existing unit's model, just to test the model itself?

Try renaming the file warrior.gr2 and including it in a test mod (remember the vfs needs be true), then start a game. If the warrior is blank then the problem is probably with the .gr2 itself.

I'm a noob at this too, but sometimes the best way to figure out how to resolve a problem is to try different things.

the problem is definitely with this gr2 . it is a gr2 created from Blender and Nexus Buddy,by me.the name is " Longswordsman_Japan.gr2 " .
Danrell's original " Longswordsman_Japan.gr2 " works fine,even for the Warrior-Unit.
so it is definitely something wrong in the process from the blend file til the gr2 creation with Nexus Buddy.

but thanks again.

the problem is definitely with this gr2 . it is a gr2 created from Blender and Nexus Buddy,by me.the name is " Longswordsman_Japan.gr2 " .
Danrell's original " Longswordsman_Japan.gr2 " works fine,even for the Warrior-Unit.
so it is definitely something wrong in the process from the blend file til the gr2 creation with Nexus Buddy.

but thanks again.
Your version is the v2 version?

If yes, try this View attachment Longswordsman_Japan_v2.zip

but thanks again.

I would avoid using Darnell's units as a template as he created his units before Deliverator upgraded Mod Buddy and they were made using the old method and as such need modified animation states to work. Its easier to spend 2 minutes and make your own.

I would avoid using Darnell's units as a template as he created his units before Deliverator upgraded Mod Buddy and they were made using the old method and as such need modified animation states to work. Its easier to spend 2 minutes and make your own.

oh.....this could be.i will try this as soon as i can.

but unfortunately first i need to re-install my windows.......

explorer doesnt start and Steam tell me 5 seconds after start thats Bootstrapper is not
working and crashes.......something is really wrong on my pc.

thanks for all the replys !

i'll be back soon and tell you whats happening

my computer works fine now,steam too.

now the software must back to the system.

i hope i can try Wolfdog's tip this evening.
if not,then i will try tomorrow.

@Wodhann

no my version is the " LOngswordsman_Japan.gr2 "

thank you very much Wolfdog !!!!!!

this was the problem !

so its an really bad idea to use Danrell's blend files as a template,because things has changed since he created them.

now im able to integrate my own models for land-units !

is it the same process to add ship-models ?

Actually, danrell's edited animations are only required for chariots, tanks, artillery, ships, and submarines, so those are the ones for which you'd want to make your own templates. Then again, even for infantry units, you can still get more precision now than his templates, since he had to "reinvent the wheel."

Actually, danrell's edited animations are only required for chariots, tanks, artillery, ships, and submarines, so those are the ones for which you'd want to make your own templates. Then again, even for infantry units, you can still get more precision now than his templates, since he had to "reinvent the wheel."

hmm.....but the difference of using his template or making my own was in my case like day and night.

and now my first model is in the game.

a Samurai with a white tiger-mane on the helmet.
but the weights are not completely correct.

is for weights-corrections somewhere in blender the possibility to see an civ-animation with the model ?

i hope i am right here in this thread to ask questions about my problems ?

is for weights-corrections somewhere in blender the possibility to see an civ-animation with the model ?

As I posted here, it is possible to load and preview animations in Granny Viewer if you re-save the vanilla animation files.

thanks for the reply ! its really great that you guys try to help me .

in Granny Viewer i can test it when i think after editing in blender its ready for that.

i found out that in blender you can test it too by this way :

1.click on the skeleton ( in object mode )
2.choose " Pose Mode " instead of object mode
3.click on a bone and rotate it a bit ( this will moving the head when you chose a head or neck bone.
4.when you rotate it,the model will move with the bone. ( you can choose more than 1 bone at the same time )
5.when you seen the problem faces by rotating the bone,then hit " Esc " ,so the rotation will not
be forever.

i think that could give me an idea,what faces i have to re-rig.

ok ive done this.i made it as i said in the post before,now the tigermane on the helmet is only rigged
to the neck2 bone.in blender i works perfect.

in Nexus Buddy and Granny Viewer too,the samurai and the tigermane is there.

but not ingame,all looks perfect only the tigermane is not there..........

its always the same with integration of custom models......try & error en masse

in Granny Viewer i found a difference between the working version of the tigermane and the not working version :

working version : both meshes are " skinned "
not working version : only the mesh thats visible ingame is on "skinned" , the invisible mesh is on "rigid" .

now i try to figure out at which point the reason is for this issue

whenever i try to delete vertex groups or only removing vertices so they are no longer assigned to a
vertex group,then this mesh will no longer appear in game........

whenever i try to delete vertex groups or only removing vertices so they are no longer assigned to a
vertex group,then this mesh will no longer appear in game........

It has to be assigned to something. I'm wondering you are rigging to something that doesn't animated OR the material you are picking for it is different.

The other possibility is that the texture is 'blank' because in civ4 thats how they assign civ colors. so it might be showing up as invisible.

i got it.but im not sure how i made it........but i will continue !

Top Bottom